72 or 80 Bass Accordion

72 or 80 Bass Accordion

Postby m33ksy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:21 am

Hello all,

I am looking for a 72 or 80 bass accordion please, i'm not looking for top of the range but it needs to be in good working order, I want it for travelling.

many thanks {}
m33ksy

Novice
Novice

Re: 72 or 80 Bass Accordion

Postby Brian » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi, I have a Stephanelli 72 bass in as new condition complete with hard case if you are interested and am open to offers for it. (see link below for details).

http://www.eaglemusicshop.com/prod/pian ... ordion.htm

Please message if you need further information.

NOW SOLD {}
Last edited by Brian on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Novice
Novice

Postby wout » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:58 pm

I have a nice Accordiola Mignon for sale got to say I love the sound! very nice little small accordion. Color isn't original it was white but the celluloid was lose at some points so I had it painted black. Functions totally fine and is in tune.
Attachments
SAM_0716.JPG
wout

Improver
Improver

Postby Jockthebox » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Call me on 07899686217, I can help! Cheers. Jock
Jockthebox

Novice
Novice

Postby Happy girl » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:05 am

If peace of mind & excellent, immediate after service is important to you, it may be worth your while to contact Accordions of Coventry by telephone & ask if they have anything in stock which will meet your needs.

You won’t find ‘slick’ or ‘sophisticated’, but Terry & Carole the owners, do have an abundance of basic, honest & decent information to offer.

I have no idea how they fare budget-wise in comparison to others; I have never looked around for a ‘better’ deal because. to me, the real investment is in the reliability & trust emitted by the people who sell a product.

If you need any further recommendation, then all you need to do is ask your teacher, virtuoso player Rosemary Wright; she frequents the shop & is an established customer.

http://www.accordionsofcoventry.co.uk/
Happy girl

Expert
Expert

Postby OuijaBoard » Mon May 01, 2017 6:28 am

OP, are you seeking a two-voice MM? A two-voice LM? A three-voice LMM? A three-voice MMM?

Are you seeking, a used/vintage 72 bass or 80 bass? Or are you seeking a new one?

I'm going to make assumptions here. To the effect that you are seeking a used/vintage accordion in good condition, with an MM setting for lightweight travel.

I recommend the Hohner Concerto II in an MM config. You want one after the point when the piano key edges became rounded rather than squared. They are all over the place at very reasonable prices, and they are wonderful provided you yourself have enough expertise to vet the condition, or you have access to someone who can vet the condition for you.

The Weltmeister 72 bass MM model(s) are also very good, but again, those are best purchased new or quite recent, because they have improved over the years. And you'll need to know enough to vet yourself OR have someone expert, do that for you. Have fun!!
OuijaBoard

Novice
Novice

Postby m33ksy » Mon May 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks everyone for all the valuable information,

When I originally posted this I wasn't aware of the sort of price i'd be looking at for a half decent 72/80 bass accordion for travelling. Happy girl I did actually contact Accordions of Coventry a while back on Rosemary's advice and the prices were rather reasonable having compared them to others but as it is a second instrument that won't be used a lot I ended up compromising with a 48 bass Scarlatti, it's not a patch on a decent Italian or German Accordion I know but it will do for how often I will use it and it will mean I won't worry about it getting the odd knock, also as I've only been playing 8 months 48 bass will suffice for now and it's very portable.

OuijaBoard thanks for the recommendations I will certainly consider them in the future as I progress and need a slightly larger box to travel around with.
m33ksy

Novice
Novice

Return to Accordions (and accessories) Wanted