The Music Game

Any non accordion related chat & banter in here, but try and avoid religion and politics!
Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

The Music Game

Post by Soulsaver » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:17 am

There was a word game on the old forum - too easy for us musical lot, right?

Right - a little more of a challenge game that all can take part in:

Rules:
1) Start: Someone names a song and the recording artist.
2) Next: the next poster names a song and recording artist (as listed on the issued recording) where one or more of the words in the title or artist features in the previous posters song title/artist - bold is good?
3) Consequetive posts: You must wait for another poster before you post again - ie not 2 on the trot.
4) Artist repeats: You can't have the same artist as the repeat (otherwise you could just get a list of the same artists complete catalogue) but you can have the same artist if the 'link' is in the song title (see Cilla Black example below).
5) Part of a words: If using part of a word, it must be a whole word in your post or the one you're matching, and 2 contiguous/neighbouring letters or more, other wise you could use, say, 'i' from any title/artist for the new song; or a bit of a word in theirs for a bit of a word in yours - both far too easy.
6) Illegal word matches: The principle here is that the match is on the artists' name or the song's title. So matching with just 'Traditional', 'Theme', 'Featuring' etc., is not allowed, unless they are actually part of the title or artists' name.

In the spirit of avoiding 'tooo easy' - concentrate - tricky AND rule:
'And' to match with 'And' is illegal in the performers' name but not in the song title or as part word in your performer match - so 'Peters AND Lee' is illegal with 'Simon AND Garfunkel', but allowed with you posting SANDy Shaw. But you posting 'Simon AND Garfunkel' (or a million other groups with 'and' in their name) would not be allowed as match with SANDy Shaw.

Additionally to avoid dead easy matches, single letter words such as 'I' or 'A' is not allowed, & 'THE' as the link is deemed illegal, too.

7) Colloquial/modern/apostrophied words: I propose to allow use 'as is' OR the 'correct' word/phrase: For instance: 'ain't' I'll allow use as 'is not' & 'isn't' - allowing you to match on is,no & not; you can work out the combos - same as wanna (want to), can't (can not) etc. I know it could lead down a complex path, but you can point out the match on a convolute if you wish... so if it causes much anguish, I'll change the rule, so tread carefully please ;)

8) Numerals in the title/artist: A numeral in a title/artist may be treated as if it is a word (and vice versa) - so you could match 'eight' (or even 'height' under rule #5) with '8' - or vice versa.
9)Repeating a previously posted link, yours or anybody else's, will be subjected to light hearted ridicule if noticed..and disallowed. You can use the search at the top of the page to ensure your artist & song combination hasn't been a previous post.. :tup:
10) It's just a friendly game .. so don't take offence if you screw up and it's pointed out ... it doesn't really matter...

So, for example, say we start with

Anyone Who Had a Heart - Cilla Black

The next post could be:
(Rule 4 example: You could have 'I who have nothing - Cilla Black' but not 'Alfie - Cilla Black')

I left my heart in San Francisco - Tony Bennett

Followed by
My Dinga Ling - Chuck Berry

And so on.

I'll start with an easy starter... do please try to keep it flowing rather than trying to halt it. Good luck every one...

Addicted to love - Robert Palmer
Last edited by Soulsaver on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:39 am, edited 49 times in total.
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

jarvo
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: The Music Game

Post by jarvo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:44 am

Love lies bleeding (in my hands) -Elton John

Glenn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Glenn » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:29 am

Imagine - John Lennon
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

goldtopia
Superstar
Superstar

Post by goldtopia » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 am

Those posts proves I would be useless playing that game.
Bill.O (Bournemouth)

Reedwarbler
Expert
Expert

Post by Reedwarbler » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:48 am

Glenn wrote:Imagine - John Lennon

Big Bad John- Jimmy Dean

Knobby
Admin
Admin

Post by Knobby » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:51 am

Jimmy Jimmy - The Undertones

Sent from my ST21i using Tapatalk 2
Hohner Vox 4P, Hohner Tango II, Galotta Continent. I just wish I could play them!

Glenn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Glenn » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:02 am

Stairway to Heaven - Jimmy Page
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;

Knobby
Admin
Admin

Post by Knobby » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:21 am

Heaven knows I'm miserable now - The Smiths

Sent from my ST21i using Tapatalk 2
Hohner Vox 4P, Hohner Tango II, Galotta Continent. I just wish I could play them!

smdc66
Superstar
Superstar

Post by smdc66 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:34 am

"Knockin' on Heaven's Back Door" Bob Dylan
Me, Myself and My Hohner

Glenn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Glenn » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Can we fix it? - Bob the Builder