Why so long to get a Roland?

For the modern ones among us.
mitchnc
Improver
Improver

Re: Why so long to get a Roland?

Post by mitchnc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:55 pm

I've been checking out estate sales and flea markets hoping to get lucky and find a CBA.

Maybe I'll just get a Bugari Evo. As if.

Roland says they don't know why I don't have my FR-1xb and they are checking with the dealer.
The dealer says they ordered it on 12/5 and it's all in Roland's hands.

All I know is that I've made two payments on it so far. :)

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:11 pm

Chat Haddock wrote:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Initiation-Acc ... nu+maugain

Duracell Pre Charged Rechargeable 2500mAh AA Batteries--Pack of 8

Vapextech Super Smart nimh Battery Charger 8 cell AA or AAA
To temporarily sidetrack this thread partially, the best rechargeable batteries and chargers on the market, and I speak from experience as well as them also being proven to be the #1 battery out there:

PowerEx 2700 mAh batteries:
https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... 0hqlcsdx_b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MAHA intelligent chargers:
https://www.amazon.ca/PowerEx-MH-C801D- ... HA+charger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are the products that I use, but not as a Roland user, but as a pro wedding photographer. This setup gives me consistently many more flashes than any other battery (and over the years, I've tried them almost all, and the few that I have not, I have friends that own those, and they cannot match my performance levels, this includes the Eneloop XXX at twice the price of the PowerEx).

I bet with these, you could push 9 hours of playing time on a full charge. :)
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

mitchnc
Improver
Improver

Post by mitchnc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:17 pm

I bought a 16-pack of 2700 mAH Loopacell batteries on Amazon back when I ordered my accordion.

I'll let you know how they perform.
My choice was definitely based on price.

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:22 pm

mitchnc wrote:Maybe I'll just get a Bugari Evo. As if.
Hah! You think waiting 2 months is long? If you ordered an EVO today and paid it in full, you *might* get it by the end of 2017, likely beginning-mid 2018!

I have an acquaintance here in Montreal that with $13,000US in hand, contacted Bugari Evo people directly and waved it in their face, and they refused to sell it to him because he was in North America (he is here in Quebec), and no one here gets one until they decide to open the market here. To date, there is still no Bugari Evo dealer or support structure in North America and they don't even have a price list for us yet!
mitchnc wrote:Roland says they don't know why I don't have my FR-1xb and they are checking with the dealer.
The dealer says they ordered it on 12/5 and it's all in Roland's hands.

All I know is that I've made two payments on it so far. :)
Patience, it will come and you will be ecstatic with it. :)

I myself was sincerely holding out for an Evo too and spoke to Marco Cinaglia. After the short conversation, basically I dropped the idea of getting an EVO, and I had the money at the time in hand for not only the Evo, but a Hohner Gola as well. It ended up going to a better place (the money), and good thing too, because it eventually led me to a great deal on an 8X instead and today I'm am just as happy.

mitchnc
Improver
Improver

Post by mitchnc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:41 pm

That's crazy about the Evo wait time! But it seems reasonable that anyone ordering one will already have other instruments to play.
Kind of like ordering a Tesla. Most likely you still have a car to drive while you wait.

I just heard back from my dealer. Roland tells them it will ship the second week of March, which will put the wait just over 3 months.
Oh well, I still hope to find something that I can start learning on. Then my family can rejoice when the Roland (with it's volume knob) arrives. :)

Now, if I open the box and it's a PA my head will explode.

debra
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by debra » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:50 pm

JerryPH wrote:
mitchnc wrote:Maybe I'll just get a Bugari Evo. As if.
Hah! You think waiting 2 months is long? If you ordered an EVO today and paid it in full, you *might* get it by the end of 2017, likely beginning-mid 2018!

I have an acquaintance here in Montreal that with $13,000US in hand, contacted Bugari Evo people directly and waved it in their face, and they refused to sell it to him because he was in North America (he is here in Quebec), and no one here gets one until they decide to open the market here. To date, there is still no Bugari Evo dealer or support structure in North America and they don't even have a price list for us yet!
That's beginning to explain why someone stole the EVO prototype (or at least serial number 1) from the Frankfurter Musikmesse. If you cannot buy it... ;-)
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:21 pm

debra wrote:That's beginning to explain why someone stole the EVO prototype (or at least serial number 1) from the Frankfurter Musikmesse. If you cannot buy it... ;-)
Even today I am not sure that this wasn't some kind of marketing trick, however, if it was stolen, my curse for them is that this low-life thief should get hemorrhoids and never be able to play the Evo sitting down... ever! :lol: :lol:

Acon
Improver
Improver

Post by Acon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:54 am

So it seems like no matter acoustic or digital accordion, you have to wait once you decide to get them. :x

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 am

Acon wrote:So it seems like no matter acoustic or digital accordion, you have to wait once you decide to get them. :x
Not really. Location and local dealer stock depends on wait times. The big US dealers like Roxy carry stock, just not all models. There is a good amount of 8X's floating around.

debra
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by debra » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:16 am

Acon wrote:So it seems like no matter acoustic or digital accordion, you have to wait once you decide to get them. :x
That is the difference between ordering exactly what you want versus walking into a shop and leaving with an accordion in hand...
For acoustic instruments this makes sense as there are many options or configuration. For digital it makes no sense.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)