Why so long to get a Roland?

Re: Why so long to get a Roland?

Postby JerryPH » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:50 pm

debra wrote:For digital it makes no sense.

... other than from a business point of view. While the digital accordion does not suffer from the "you order it and we build it over the next 6-12 months" condition as much, dealers don't want to order 10 models of each version of digital accordion and be stuck with the models that do not sell in their area. For example, now that the FR-4X has released, chances of finding a new 3X are going to drop pretty quick as dealers liquidate whatever 3X in stock they have to make room for the 4X.

That is why it is a good idea to shop around and not be committed to a single dealer in this age of the Internet. Even if you know of someone that has stock of what you want, continue shopping around and find the best deal/service you can even if it is a little further away and needs to be shipped. For example, if I was looking for a new V-accordion, as a minimum, first three places I would look would be the local Roland dealer here, Falcetti and Roxy's. Two of the three are in the USA, but are known for fair prices and excellent service. All are going to have stock of the top selling V-accordions, so the chances of me finding what I want are greater at these locations than at a dealer that is smaller and doesn't stock V-accordions, but can order for me. Any Roland dealer can make an order and wait, but if they have it in stock and offer good service... way better than waiting 3 months.
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby mitchnc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:38 pm

A couple things I have to remind myself when I start to feel irritated:
- I got the accordion for $1999 and free shipping
- 48 months 0% financing. As an unproven newbie I couldn't have plunked down $2k in a lump sum.

Otherwise I would have contacted Roxy's first.

And by principle of osmosis I figure I should be playing like Galliano the minute I take it out of the box.
mitchnc

Improver
Improver

Postby JerryPH » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:37 pm

mitchnc wrote:And by principle of osmosis I figure I should be playing like Galliano the minute I take it out of the box.

Haha...

Seriously, keep a couple things in mind the first MONTH while playing it:

1. KISS. Keeping it simple the first month and just playing it as a basically ordinary accordion will keep frustrations down.

2. Take short periods of time and specifically save them for "experimentation" time. That's the periods you play with the buttons and learn about all the fancy things the V-accordion can do.

Try not to mix both things up at the same time.

I say this because yesterday I started integrating the BK-7m with the 8x "with purpose", and ended up seriously frustrating myself because I was trying to use something relatively unfamiliar to be (the BK) while I was working on learning a few songs that I wanted to polish up for next week's accordion meeting.

Big mistake.

By separating tasks, things will fall in to place a lot easier and with a lot less frustration.
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby mitchnc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm definitely not interested in the non-accordion sounds. I have synths for that.
My plan is to get up early, put on headphones and work through the Galliano book.

I have a decent amount of material, just not sure how the translation from PA to CBA will go.
I have Palmer-Hughes through book 5, so I'll probably work through those as well.

I have Mel Bay book of French accordion music and Gary Dahl's book of Italian music.

I play keyboard in my church band, so one goal is to be able to integrate the accordion at some point, if they'll have it. :)

I've dreamed about a "trainer:" a CBA treble board that allows you to play the notes. No bellows or bass, just treble keys that play notes.
mitchnc

Improver
Improver

Postby JerryPH » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Oh, so you are getting a BUTTON -V-accordion and you are a PA player? Interesting!!

BTW, all of those non-accordion sounds are going to make you interested in them fast enough, if you start using them even the tiniest bit, it gets VERY interesting... VERY fast. ;) :D
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Glenn » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:46 pm

The Roland is also a CBA treble board if you want it to be. Simply turn the bellows action off and the keyboard becomes a CBA with a touch sensitive button board.
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
Glenn

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Acon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi mitchnc,

There is a solution which can meet your need:
http://mastermidi.weebly.com/chromatic- ... oards.html
(There is also a right-hand only version)

It's my dream too (I wish I can use it for notation). They are basically midi keyboards, and with some accordion VSTs you can turn them into a digital instrument.

The company is located in Castelfidardo. They also make digital piano accordions (no CBA), midi kits and internal microphone kit for accordions.

I've talked to them via phone and emails. I might meet them in this Musikmesse Frankfurt. Now I'm placing an order of right-hand only chromatic midi keyboard for myself too but have to make sure it's compatible with my notation software MuseScore 2 first.

The only thing is when you play it, it's in a totally different orientation and position from the real accordion.

Acon
Acon

Improver
Improver

Postby mitchnc » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:39 am

Acon,

That is very cool! I'm just curious...do you have any idea how much the right-hand keyboard costs?
mitchnc

Improver
Improver

Postby JerryPH » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:27 am

Holy crap, that link holds the website info for MASTER MIDI, that was a brand that someone was looking for information for a few days ago and I spent all that time surfing the net looking for ANY kind of a website, and I found nothing! I have one word for them... SEO, because no one can find anything on them and their products, at least online!

Incidentally, they look to have the crappiest accordion mic system I have ever seen... lol In a time when their high end system consists of 3 treble and 1 bass, they are very weak compared to the competition's 10 treble and 8 bass mic systems.
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Acon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:59 pm

I found Master MIDI's keyboard when I was searching some C-system CBA midi keyboard for the notation in computer. It seems they are the only one maker of this type of midi keyboard in the world (not sure. If someone know any other maker please tell us!)

It may be actually bigger than it looks. The right-hand version has 53 notes so think about a CBA with that range which will be at least 40cm wide. And the design is too thick and chunky for me. Personally I prefer a smaller one for desktop use without too many notes and the duplicate rows (you actually don't need duplicate rows when doing the notation, and by raising or lowering octaves you can input any note you want). But I guess their products are for stage performance not notation so they don't care about the size.

I've contacted them via phone and emails. The general manager of this company is a nice lady called Antonella Toccaceli. She can speak some English but we mainly communicated via emails.

I am thinking about being their reseller here (if they are good enough) so I asked them to give me the whole product list and price. The keyboards' listed prices are as below according to their quotation:

MK2000 – complete right –left hand………………EURO 1,830
MK2001 – KIT version right-left hand ……………EURO 1,750
MK2002 – only right hand………………………….…EURO 1,060
MK2003 – only basses KIT version……………………EURO 910
MK2004 – only basses ……………………………….…..EURO 910
PROMB2005 – complete cover system…………….EURO 1,920
PROMB2006 – only basses cover system……………EURO 820

Not sure about what the KIT version or Cover system is. I'll buy a right-hand only keyboard (MK2002) to try first. Antonella has tested the compatibility to my notation software MuseScore 2 for me and she said it worked very well, so I will order one this week and let them ship to Brisbane.

I'm getting more and more familiar with my CBA buttons so I hope this keyboard can help me to work on the computer.

And about the internal microphone system, I'm not sure about the quality of MIDI Master's products, but they told me their products are unique. I've just ordered my new PIGINI Master 58/B de luxe this week and have talked about the built-in microphone (the call pickups) with PIGINI guys. One accordionist in Taiwan uses a PIGINI converter 37/B3 with two built-in microphones on each sides with knobs to control the volume, so I asked PIGINI if they can do same design for me, but unfortunately they said it’s possible to install Panasonic or Sennheiser pickups into the accordion, but unless it’s absolutely necessary, they do not recommend to do this on convertor accordions because it may happen that they interfere with the mechanical parts and therefore with the sound (I guess the space in a high end model like 58/B de luxe would be much tighter than a 37/B3 so that's why they said that).

So anyway I'm still getting understanding this company MIDI Master and I might receive the CBA keyboard in the near future. I might also meet them in the Musikmesse Frankfurt.

Acon
Acon

Improver
Improver

PreviousNext

Return to Digital & Midi Accordions