Gig bag for FR-3X

For the modern ones among us.
blisterpeanuts
Novice
Novice

Gig bag for FR-3X

Post by blisterpeanuts » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Can anyone recommend a good gig bag for the Roland FR-3X (keyboard version)?

My Mooradian bag is dying after 18 years and I need something that is padded but light and can be easily carried through airport security and placed in overhead bins.

Looks like there are a few choices out there, but it's hard to visualize without actually putting the instrument in the bag - don't want something that's way oversized

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Gig bag for FR-3X

Post by JIM D. » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:39 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-Gig- ... 56769b2794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I use and build custom hard cases for accordions but will occasionally use a soft case for travel. I use a soft case slightly oversize, wrap the box in a beach towel and place it in the case. :tup:
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA (USA)

pentaprism
Expert
Expert

Post by pentaprism » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 pm

I used to have an FR-3s (PA version). At the time, I used a SofiaMari AB-3, which fitted perfectly.

FR-3x has the same dimensions as FR-3s. SofiaMari AB-3 should fit FR-3x too.

By the way, I'm currently using a SofiaMari AB-1 for my FR-1xb, and a Roland BAG-FR-3 for my FR-7b.

blisterpeanuts
Novice
Novice

Post by blisterpeanuts » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 pm

pentaprism wrote:I used to have an FR-3s (PA version). At the time, I used a SofiaMari AB-3, which fitted perfectly.

FR-3x has the same dimensions as FR-3s. SofiaMari AB-3 should fit FR-3x too.

By the way, I'm currently using a SofiaMari AB-1 for my FR-1xb, and a Roland BAG-FR-3 for my FR-7b.
That sounds pretty good. I had located a SofiaMari 5 on Musicians Friend but wasn't sure about sizing. I see the AB-3 is priced reasonably and looks pretty good. The accessory pocket is sizeable which is also useful.