FR-4X!!!

Re: FR-4X!!!

Postby JIM D. » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Same Size :tup:
I've made up many for customers that buy more than one battery pack and 1 charger. These packs with fit the FR-3 FR-3x and FR-4x
Owner,Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA
JIM D.

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby pentaprism » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Just buy this holder and a 10-pack Eneloop rechargeable batteries at Costco ($19.99 I think).
pentaprism

Expert
Expert

Postby Walleye » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Forgive my asking, I'm an electrical dummy. Doesn't Roland say use Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries and those battery packs are Nickel Cadmium (NiCad) ? I thought I saw a YouTube video from Liberty Bellows about setting up the 4x that said use only NiMH batteries. Does it really make any difference?
Walleye

Beginner
Beginner

Postby Glenn » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:55 am

If you Google around a bit you see there are differences between the two batteries. This is not so much in their voltage but rather their peak power and methods of charging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
Glenn

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby JerryPH » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:24 am

Keymn wrote:Sounds like I will try them. I have been using the Energizer power plus. 2300mah. For my wireless mic and MIDI jet, no problems. Sounds like the 2700 mah will give more playing time on 4x. Would it be better to find a 10 bay charge so you can charge the accordion batteries in one set? I know they are a harder to find?

I don't know if you can find a 10 battery charger with the quality and features of the MAHA. If you can, then I say go for it, but if it doesn't have what I consider the 6 "must have" features, I'd pass on it. Those features are:

1. A quick charge mode for emergencies (rarely if ever used)
2. A battery reconditioner mode
3. Able to charge each battery individually, not in groups of 2 or 4.
4. A status display for each battery
5. A reputation for known good quality and longevity
6. The most important: A slow charger (extends battery life by YEARS and more fully recharges each battery).

My MAHA C-808 ( I have 2 of them) is now like 10 years old and still charging my batteries on a near weekly basis. At my peak, they were in use 5 days a week for about 2 years in a row. I cannot say enough good things about them.
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby JerryPH » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 am

Walleye wrote:Forgive my asking, I'm an electrical dummy. Doesn't Roland say use Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries and those battery packs are Nickel Cadmium (NiCad) ? I thought I saw a YouTube video from Liberty Bellows about setting up the 4x that said use only NiMH batteries. Does it really make any difference?

It can make a huge difference. NICad batteries have a memory, overall lower mAh and burn hotter than NiMH. NICad technology is from the 60's and 70's. Do they even make NiCad batteries today?
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Walleye » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm

I thought the ones recommended by Jim D. in a previous post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272524058604?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

were NiCd.
Walleye

Beginner
Beginner

Postby pentaprism » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 pm

I use the previous version of this charger, mainly because it can accommodate different battery sizes.

I modified my FR-1x for in-situ charging (see this thread). For that, I use this charger (with US plug).
pentaprism

Expert
Expert

Postby Keymn » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:48 am

I bought some Tenergy batteries for my wireless audio. They are inexpensive rechargeables, but did not last. Would not put those in the Fr4x. I just went on consumer reports below. Looks like energizer, Powerex and Panasonic are on top according to this link. I just started using energizers for my MidiJet wireless and wireless headset. Have better battery life, I think. When I receive my FR4x, I may first try energizer( the article below says they do not come precharged, that is false). They come in packs of 8 for about $12. Target, Walmart. Not concerned with removing the batteries from battery holder to recharge. Just need that extra battery holder full and charged on a gig.

http://www.consumersearch.com/batteries ... -batteries

You can buy the battery holder and other parts direct from Roland too. Full Compass has many parts too.
http://www.fullcompass.com/

The MAHA C-808 looks like the way to go for charger, thanks for the recommendation.
I think Fr4x specifies 2000 MAh batteries. Higher mah is ok. Correct me if I am wrong...
Keymn

Novice
Novice

Postby Keymn » Thu May 11, 2017 11:29 am

I bought a Fr4x battery holder as a spare. I did not realize the adapter cable that clips to battery pack and the Velcro looking strap should be purchased. This way you will have another battery pack ready, just plug it into the white square socket.
Keymn

Novice
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Digital & Midi Accordions