Accordioncide or looking for a sampled accordion

Re: Accordioncide or looking for a sampled accordion

Postby JerryPH » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:51 am

Has anyone gone to youtube and done a search fot"Kontact" and "accordion"? There are a few nice examples of some good samples, enough go get a fair idea of the quality.
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby debra » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 am

Howie wrote:Actually, most current high end Roland digital pianos use their "SuperNatural" modelling. It is pretty good these days, although a lot of people still prefer samples. A general listener can't tell the difference, but piano wonks can.

I'm probably a piano wonk...
There is an advantage to modeling: you can create any sound you like and are not limited to reproducing what the real pianos do. I once tried a Kawai digital piano and did not like the sound much. Then I tried the Kawai grand piano that stood next to it (at the Frankfurter Musikmesse a few years back) and it sounded just the same...
Needless to say I did not buy a Kawai. (I'm pretty happy with the Yamaha Concert Grand sound I'm getting from my Yamaha digital piano.) I still prefer accordion though.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
debra

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Glenn » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:31 pm

JerryPH wrote:Has anyone gone to youtube and done a search fot"Kontact" and "accordion"? There are a few nice examples of some good samples, enough go get a fair idea of the quality.

Hi Jerry,
I have not done so but in my experience there is a huge difference between making a nice set of samples and then making an instrument out of it.
As I am rubbish at playing guitar I've tried in the past to make an instrument from some pretty decent guitar samples.
The result was quite dissapointing.
If you look at how mutch effort goes into such a virtual instrument then I can see why just purchasing samples will get you close to nowhere.

Look at the following YT video for instance. How can you beat that?

Watch on youtube.com
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
Glenn

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Previous

Return to Digital & Midi Accordions