How do I post pictures?

Questions, queries and suggestions regarding the forum and its operation.
Mike K
Improver
Improver

How do I post pictures?

Post by Mike K » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:21 am

I bought a new (old) accordion and I was going to post a picture but cannot figure out how to do it.
Mike Klemen
Richmond, VA USA

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: How do I post pictures?

Post by Soulsaver » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:26 am

Hi Mike & welcome if I haven't said it already -

In a reply - click on 'reply', you may need to scroll down a little to see bottom left see 'options' & 'upload attachment' tabs.. click on upload attachment/browse to your pic address/select (or double click)/click on add the file/if you want it in a particular place in your post, place cursor where you want it & click on 'place inline'.

If it fails it'll be 'cos it's too big. You'll need to edit it in a pic editor.

If you want to place it in a new topic click 'board index' top left/choose category/new topic/... and follow the same process as in reply.

Alternatively you can post it in a picture hosting site & post the link.

Best wishes

Ed
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Mike K
Improver
Improver

Post by Mike K » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:50 am

Too big, have to get on my other computer and edit it.
Mike Klemen
Richmond, VA USA

artelagro
Star
Star

Post by artelagro » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am

An extra to this post:-
How do I post a number of photos at different places throughout the text. My last attempts have put them all at the end.
Thanks.
Garth

Corsaire
Expert
Expert

Post by Corsaire » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:17 pm

artelagro wrote:An extra to this post:-
How do I post a number of photos at different places throughout the text. My last attempts have put them all at the end.
Thanks.
Garth
Just before you press "place inline", make sure your cursor is in the right place in the text - that way you can put it where you want to !

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Well, an image is placed at whatever line the "code" is placed so if you see...

{img}something_or_another.JPG{/img}

...the picture will be between these two lines (but use square brackets instead of parentheses).

You can place as many of the "code" in the post as you want pictures in there. Now and then I even cut and paste the picture elsewhere so I can add or remove text.
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:58 am

No points for observation Garth... :) but on the other hand it got some alternate suggestions for everyone, too...
Soulsaver wrote:In a reply - click on 'reply', you may need to scroll down a little to see bottom left see 'options' & 'upload attachment' tabs.. click on upload attachment/browse to your pic address/select (or double click)/click on add the file/if you want it in a particular place in your post, place cursor where you want it & click on 'place inline'.
Best wishes

Ed
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

artelagro
Star
Star

Post by artelagro » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:53 am

Sorry Soulsaver
I did see your answer but have never ventured far enough to find the 'Place Inline' tab. It looks like 2 instructions per day is as much as my wee mind can take in.
20 to 30 years ago, I counted computers as exciting and fun - Nowadays ...............nah. I am just glad I don't have a FRwhatever when I see the conversations on our 'digital' section.
Thanks everyone for persevering with this senile old git.
p.s. Ed, I still have your instructions for 'linking to previous threads' but haven't had the courage to try it yet. One day.
Ca canny
Garth

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:02 pm

artelagro wrote:Sorry Soulsaver

Thanks everyone for persevering with this senile old git.
p.s. Ed, I still have your instructions for 'linking to previous threads' but haven't had the courage to try it yet. One day.
Ca canny
Garth
Easily missed Garth... just joshing really.
Best wishes
PS I wouldn't call you 'old'... :lol:

b]

Mike K
Improver
Improver

Post by Mike K » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:28 pm

Giuliettis reduced.jpg
I reduced size of picture dramatically....see how it comes out.

This is my original Giulietti, the convertor free bass and the one I just purchased, full size free bass. Kind of awkward trying to play those three extra rows way up top. Have to put wrist at unusual angle. Maybe I will get used to it. Also makes switch reeds on left hand on the fly very difficult.
Mike Klemen
Richmond, VA USA