Forum software upgrade

Questions, queries and suggestions regarding the forum and its operation.
Knobby
Admin
Admin

Forum software upgrade

Post by Knobby » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi Folks,

I need to do an update to the forum software. This is a big upgrade, and requires work on the database (which I'm not too confident with) and transferring everything to the new software.

I will keep forum downtime to a minimum, but I do expect there will be times over the next couple of days when the forum may not be available. Also, when everything has been transferred, the forum will look a bit different, and may change repeatedly for a while as I twiddle with stuff.

Apologies in advance for the inconvenience.
Hohner Vox 4P, Hohner Tango II, Galotta Continent. I just wish I could play them!

rancoman
Improver
Improver

Re: Forum software upgrade

Post by rancoman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 pm

If anyone gives you a hard time, stop their pocket money for a month! :b

TomBR
Superstar
Superstar

Post by TomBR » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Dead right rancoman!

Very many thanks Knobby, much appreciated.

I've got a contribution to send in for my Hohner 48 sale, and dare I suggest that a contribution every now and then to the running costs of this great forum is a Good Thing!
Cheers,
Tom

attila57
Improver
Improver

Post by attila57 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 am

Hello Knobby,

I couldn't reach the forum on the 13th June, and I thought it had something to do with Brexit or some other political issue. Today I'm glad to find the forum in its old place again. Thanks! :b

Attila

Knobby
Admin
Admin

Post by Knobby » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Ok, I made the first upgrade attempt to day and it initially seemed to go well.

But as soon as I installed an extension to show the latest posts something corrupted and I´ve had to go back to the old forum.

I´ll try again tomorrow :(
Hohner Vox 4P, Hohner Tango II, Galotta Continent. I just wish I could play them!

Corsaire
Expert
Expert

Post by Corsaire » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Interesting - my post complimenting the new look has vanished !!! No worries, I know it's not always easy setting up a forum ;)
Keep up the good work !

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JIM D. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:34 pm

My best wish's to Knobby in the endeavor, time, and work needed in the repair of damage caused by a hacker's bulls**t for whatever reason.
Some of our member's already know, that this Forum since it's inception, is now all over this globe with members from beginners, pro's, repairmen, and other's just looking for advice and or entertainment.

Just may be the result of jealousy of others.

I understand that with hacking problems some members fear sending a PM , so as if the Forum is down please feel free to contact me at ---
jimmyd413@gmail.com -- for any repair advice.

Musically Yours:
JIM
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA (USA)

Knobby
Admin
Admin

Post by Knobby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:34 am

Corsaire wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm
Interesting - my post complimenting the new look has vanished !!! No worries, I know it's not always easy setting up a forum ;)
Keep up the good work !
Yes, I had to do another backup restore (in fact I had to do another this morning) and it was lost. Sorry. But I did read it and glad you like the new style.

Unfortunately the forum was hacked again late last night so had to be taken offline. I'm really struggling to find out how they are getting in. I'm hoping the upgrade to the latest revision of the forum software will help. Only time will tell :hb

Glenn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Glenn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:56 am

Good luck with his.
Are the hacks automated and this forum is merely a statistic or do you believe it is targeted? Weird I'f the latter.
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

Knobby
Admin
Admin

Post by Knobby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:09 am

Glenn wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:56 am
Good luck with his.
Are the hacks automated and this forum is merely a statistic or do you believe it is targeted? Weird I'f the latter.
I think they are automated.
I've changed all the passwords and the forum software is now fully up to date. I website scan shows that the forum is currently malware clean. Let's hope it stays that way :tup: