No.1 Ladies Accordion Orchestra

Know of a good gig? Want to promote your club meetings? Let the rest of us know here.
saltarelle2
Novice
Novice

No.1 Ladies Accordion Orchestra

Post by saltarelle2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:39 pm

For those of you who live down in the South East the Ladies No.1 Accordion Orchestra will be performing in Brighton this Saturday 19th March at 8.00pm in the Exeter Hall, Exeter Street, Brighton BN15PG, tickets £8 and £6 at the door; and also in Shoreham on the Sunday 20th in the Methodist Church hall, Brunswick Road, Shoreham BN43 5WB at 2.30pm. We have a brand new repertoire, you will be amazed at just how quietly massed accordions can play(!) and we make brilliant cakes which will be on sale in the interval! So do come and join us for a Meet the Ladies gig, come over and have a chat and maybe even try out an accordion or two! Hope to see some of you there. {}

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: No.1 Ladies Accordion Orchestra

Post by JerryPH » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:58 pm

So totally makes me wish I were not on this side of the globe, this looks like something I would thoroughly enjoy! !
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Stephen Hawkins
Star
Star

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:28 am

I wish you every success in your endeavours, though I will be unable to support you myself. We live at completely the opposite end of the country (NW) making it both difficult and expensive for pensioners such as ourselves to attend.

Good Luck,

Stephen Hawkins.

Anyanka
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Anyanka » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Annie G - is that you? I'm planning to come to the Saturday gig - looking forward to hearing your New Sound!

hais1273
Expert
Expert

Post by hais1273 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:31 am

We're looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Hopefully you still play Valse de Amelie,. The No1's arrangement of that was excellent. Bon Courage!

saltarelle2
Novice
Novice

Post by saltarelle2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Anyanka wrote:Annie G - is that you? I'm planning to come to the Saturday gig - looking forward to hearing your New Sound!
Yes it is! So looking forward to seeing you again - do hope you enjoy it.

saltarelle2
Novice
Novice

Post by saltarelle2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:34 pm

hais1273 wrote:We're looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Hopefully you still play Valse de Amelie,. The No1's arrangement of that was excellent. Bon Courage!
Oh I'm so sorry but we don't! But we do have a lot of exciting new arrangements so hopefully you will enjoy the new repertoire too - we have had very positive feedback so far! Do come over and introduce yourselves - I will probably be on the merchandise stand in the interval.

saltarelle2
Novice
Novice

Post by saltarelle2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Stephen Hawkins wrote:I wish you every success in your endeavours, though I will be unable to support you myself. We live at completely the opposite end of the country (NW) making it both difficult and expensive for pensioners such as ourselves to attend.

Good Luck,

Stephen Hawkins.
Thank you. We will try and organise a gig nearer to you sometime. We will definitely be having one in North Wales next year so will see if we can edge into Lancashire as well!

saltarelle2
Novice
Novice

Post by saltarelle2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:36 pm

JerryPH wrote:So totally makes me wish I were not on this side of the globe, this looks like something I would thoroughly enjoy! !
Thank you for the good wishes - but you have accordion orchestras over there too. I actually made some accordion mitts for one of them!

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Oh I am sure, but not one that is an all ladies group! :)
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com