Late hello from Brisbane, Australia.

Late hello from Brisbane, Australia.

Postby Acon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:42 am

Don't remember if I posted here to introduce myself when I showed up few months ago in this forum. Probably not. It's a little bit embarrassing that I didn't do that before posting a lot of questions on other forum sections and getting helped by so many kind members here. Sorry about my improper courtesy.

I'm from Taiwan and I live in Brisbane, Australia now. I've studied accordion for about 1 yr. Started learning in a local accordion classroom in Taiwan 1 yr ago for about 3 months. After that I was on my own because I moved to Australia since then.

I'd learned violin for about 5 yrs when I was very young. Can't remember too much about any violin skill now but I guess it has given me a passion for music in my heart so I couldn't help to learn piano when I turned 30. 2 yrs of piano learning gave me more desire for music so I chose accordion to be my true love when I turned 39. Now I'm 40 and found this is a right decision. It's so wonderful that I can play an instrument that can breathe in your arms.

In the beginning I just wanted to play some light instruments like a concertina, and then I found it's bigger brother bandoneon, but in the end I found chromatic button accordion (CBA) is the sexist :D, especially after watching some very powerful performances by Russian bayan (B-system CBA) players like Friedrich Lips, Aydar Gaynullin, Alexander Sevastian, Yuri Medianik, Viktor Barinov, Alexander Burdyug and Andrey Fesenko (a duo), Daniel Andersson, etc.

It's a big decision for a small guy like me to carry this kind of heavy instrument (I'm only 158cm tall and weigh 53kg), but I think passion can overcome many obstacles, right?

I use a C-system PIGINI B43 converter which means it has two different left-hand bass systems switchable. One is standard (Stradella) bass and the other is free bass, the latter being my favorite because it has note range covering 3 octaves so basically I can play any piano piece I already known.

I couldn't find any CBA player or teacher for 6 months here in Brisbane (which was really frustrating) until last week. I finally found a very good bayan player and teacher who's from Russian and has lived here for about 20 yrs. Thank God we have a mutual language called English because I don't speak any Russian and she doesn't speak any Mandarin Chinese.

Learned the accordion for over 6 months by yourself sounds not a good idea and it isn't. Just one first class in her place I've already had so much thing to learn and correct. I've already built some bad playing habits in this self-taught year.

So I feel really lucky and happy now. This forum has so many awesome members that have given me so much valuable information, advice, and encouragement. Hope everyone here has a good day and mate! Let's squeeze to the end of the world {}.
Acon

Improver
Improver

Re: Late hello from Brisbane, Australia.

Postby TomBR » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Hello Acon,
Thanks for the interesting stuff you've posted here already, and now for the intro and a bit more info about yourself.
A continuing welcome to the forum!
Tom
TomBR

Superstar
Superstar

Postby Soulsaver » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Great intro, Acon, late or otherwise. We're not that picky about intro's - not everyone wants to & that's fine by us.
So a (late) warm welcome in response :)
[b]Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584

b]
Soulsaver

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby JerryPH » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:19 pm

Greetings from Montreal, Quebec, Canada!
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby EMan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Acon ! Glad to have you aboard !
EMan

Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby dunlustin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 am

Welcome!
I've been trying to work out how to say how much I enjoyed your Bach recording - perhaps I should just say I really enjoyed it.
With your curiosity, commitment and enthusiasm I'm looking forward to where you'll be in another year.
And: "instrument that can breathe in your arms" - what a great way of putting it!
And: some people never get over 'stage fright' - and are just better as a player than a performer; the music still has the same magic.
dunlustin

Superstar
Superstar

Postby Acon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks dunlustin for your kind compliment. I'll try to figure out how to overcome the stage fright! ;)
Acon

Improver
Improver

Postby Happy girl » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:08 am

Acon, If you haven’t done already, type ‘stage fright’ & ‘how to deal with nerves’ in the search box. You should find plenty of suggestions there to help you.
Happy girl

Expert
Expert

Postby Acon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Thanks Happy girl, I'll definitely try to deal with this problem! Hope I can get some insight from these keywords.
Acon

Improver
Improver

Postby JerryPH » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:23 pm

There is a link where you can subscribe to a newsletter with tons of tips about how to practice and address stage fright and other topics.
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Return to New on Here?