New member from Hungary

Re: New member from Hungary

Postby attila57 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:44 pm

IMG_20170309_213959_046.JPG
Royal Standard CBA-B Stradella bass
Stephen Hawkins wrote:Attila,

I may be wrong, but I have an idea that Royal Standard accordions are (or were) made by Weiltmeister, in Germany...
... I own a Galotta from the same factory. My Galotta is certainly well made...

...I think you would be right to stick with a standard PA to begin with, as it would be easier to maintain or repair....

Well, things are looking up now. I might be able to get a good price on the instrument in the photo.

Attila
attila57

Novice
Novice

Postby Glenn » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:42 am

Good luck on the negotiations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
Glenn

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby attila57 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Glenn wrote:Good luck on the negotiations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Glenn,

It's very nice of you. I'm trying to go as low as possible... It's in mint condition, plays like a dream, so it'll be a tough battle...

Attila
attila57

Novice
Novice

Postby george garside » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:32 pm

The royal standards I have played have all been pleasant instruments to play taking the price into account. For someone starting on the continental chromatic I would suggest either B or C system depending on what is available at the right price!. Both systems have there following and at the end of the day both do much the same thing so its a matter of personal choice or perhaps whichever is the best bargain!

As to tuning some recommend 'dry' i.e. reeds tuned almost to the same pitch and others recommend 'wet' i.e. reeds tuned concert pitch =flat =sharp to give a musette sound. For Scottish music strong musette is still very popular and is played by the current Scottish senior accordion champion Brandon Mcphee. There are several of his videos on you tube .

The tuning of a box is one of the most important things to consider when buying as you are then stuck with it!. I can be altered but at considerable expense. So if you like the sound of an instrument when you try it consider b;uying it but if you are not sure don't even think about it

george
george garside

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby attila57 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:45 pm

george garside wrote:
The tuning of a box is one of the most important things to consider when buying as you are then stuck with it!. I can be altered but at considerable expense. So if you like the sound of an instrument when you try it consider b;uying it but if you are not sure don't even think about it

george

Thanks, George for the very useful advice! The first time in my life, I won't rush into buying an instrument!

Attila
attila57

Novice
Novice

Postby Stephen Hawkins » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:34 pm

Hello Attila,

Well, it looks to be a smart instrument. I hope that you are able to acquire it for a decent price.

I have never tried a "button box" myself, having always preferred an instrument with standard keys. Anyway, don't worry about that, it is just my little prejudice.

Good luck with all your endeavours, and please keep us informed of your progress.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
Stephen Hawkins

Star
Star

Postby george garside » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 am

for anyone intending taking up the box I recommend starting on a continental chromatic if they don't have reasonable experience/ability on a piano keyboard. 12 keys for the price of one on a 5 row and 12 for the price of 3 on a 3 row! - can't be bad!

george
george garside

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby attila57 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:38 pm

george garside wrote:for anyone intending taking up the box I recommend starting on a continental chromatic if they don't have reasonable experience/ability on a piano keyboard. 12 keys for the price of one on a 5 row and 12 for the price of 3 on a 3 row! - can't be bad!

george

You mean the C system? Sorry, I can't quite catch what you say about the price. BTW I can play the piano.

Attila
attila57

Novice
Novice

Postby dunlustin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:13 am

'about the price'
I don't usually reply for someone else but as it is Tuesday:
'continental chromatic' - in the UK we have a system called British Chromatic which is very different.
'12 keys for the price of...' ==> 12 major keys can be played on a 5 row using just one fingering
dunlustin

Superstar
Superstar

Postby attila57 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:21 pm

dunlustin wrote:'about the price'
I don't usually reply for someone else but as it is Tuesday:
'continental chromatic' - in the UK we have a system called British Chromatic which is very different.
'12 keys for the price of...' ==> 12 major keys can be played on a 5 row using just one fingering

Thanks!
attila57

Novice
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to New on Here?