Jalousie (Jealousy) 'Tango Tzigane' - Tune of whenever

Every month a new tune to try!

Moderator: Anyanka

fjsys
Star
Star

Re: Jalousie (Jealousy) 'Tango Tzigane' - Tune of whenever

Post by fjsys » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Yeah, I get embarrassed by how bad my recordings are and make them private sometimes. I have made it public again for all its cringe worthy moments.

I am still working on this, more as a virtuoso piece than anything else.
Thanks for bringing it back up, I should get another recording to see what a year has done.
I did get sick of playing it for about 6 months, so perhaps not as much progress as I should have...

Ben

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Well bravo to you Ben, I don't see anyone else posting their work (myself included). I like this song well enough that I would like to try, but I have years of rust and arthritis to work out first, and this might be a little too ambitious to try for a first song back.

We'll see, maybe you have inspired me!
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:26 am

Oh goodness... :b

ok, I broke the ice, I tried playing for about 30 minutes and yeah, for a first piece, it is just a bit too hard on my fingers after not playing for over 25 years. I will definitely have to take a while, and just build up to it. I have no sense of where my fingers are on the keyboard, no muscle memory, they are stiff as boards, and it is incredibly frustrating to get anything musical out of it, but despite all that, I have to say... it's a good feeling to have the accordion on me again!

It could not get any worse than it was tonight, so the only way to go now is... up!
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

fjsys
Star
Star

Post by fjsys » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:09 am

Well in the spirit of sharing, and since you brought this thread back to my attention.
here is where I currently am with the song. A lot of progress, but still far from perfect.

https://soundcloud.com/fjsys/jalousie-2-29-2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also I know exactly how you feel about the arthritis. I have just started to get it in the base joint of my thumb and it makes runs all the more challenging. But I am not ready to give up yet!
Good luck with it!
Ben

Glenn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Glenn » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:54 am

Well that's certainly coming on quit nicely Ben.
It's a great piece with all sorts of techniques for the budding accordionists. I remember my mother used to love that song not that I'm that old but my mum found some old 70s when I was a kid and I was allowed to play them on an old portable record player. That was among the pieces but I can't remember who sang it.
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

debra
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by debra » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:11 am

I tend to not post links to performances. People who want to hear me find my YouTube channel and most of it is group effort anyway.
here is Jalousie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osu3qskcZFY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Matt Butcher » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:04 pm

Good work Ben, there's a lot in that... I wont be tackling that just yet. And Paul, that's superb ensemble playing. Thanks both.