Novalis (Italian music publisher)

Moderator: Anyanka

Novalis (Italian music publisher)

Postby Matt Butcher » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Novalis (http://www.novalis-music.com/index.cfm) publishes Italian "popular" music (sheet music and CDs). The music ranges from the greats of the waltzes, polkas and mazurkas to Italian-Latin music and straight pop. The CD I have is top quality in production - the only thing to note is the postage they charge pushes up the price a lot.

They stand out for including pdfs of the sheet music, MP3 sound files of the backing tracks (I. E. without the melody, recorded on the CD I have with studio musicians and sounding great) and midi files of the backing tracks, all on the CD. Which I thought was a brilliant idea.

What is even more surprising to me, you can download the sheet music and the MP3 backing tracks, and sometimes the midi files, for free off their website. Amazing. So if any of that is your kind of music, it's a bit of a treasure trove. Personally I might just pick 10 backing tracks and by the time I retire I might have managed to get a little easy listening set together. Thanks to John "Maugein" and Ed "Eman": they drew my attention to the Carlo Venturi memorial concert, I decided to buy the CD/DVD pack and so I found the website.
Matt Butcher

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Novalis (Italian music publisher)

Postby EMan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Matt, great post. There is a treasure trove of written music on this site; if you like the style of music. And it's downloadable in "books" rather than one sheet at a time. The books tend to be 30-60 songs each. When I found this, I couldn't believe that they were offering all this music for free. I have found some really nice material amongst the material that I have downloaded.

Ed
EMan

Intermediate
Intermediate

Return to European Music