Baile accordion thoughts?

Discussions & info on specific accordions here.
User avatar
m33ksy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:56 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by m33ksy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:25 am

Good morning all,

I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice on the Baile make, is it acceptable or should it be avoided?
Many thanks

artelagro
Star
Star
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:21 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by artelagro » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:19 am

The accordionist in our local Morris group plays a 120 bass Baile and I have seen it getting some very rough treatment, but it still does the job.
p.s. Baile and Parrot have been the Chinese standard workhorses for many years now. There have been many UK players who cut their teeth on these.
Garth

User avatar
debra
Should get out more!
Should get out more!
Posts: 1232
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:45 pm
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by debra » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:27 am

artelagro wrote:The accordionist in our local Morris group plays a 120 bass Baile and I have seen it getting some very rough treatment, but it still does the job.
p.s. Baile and Parrot have been the Chinese standard workhorses for many years now. There have been many UK players who cut their teeth on these.
Garth
I fully agree. There is a lot of rubbish coming from China (in terms of accordions), a lot of it with serious mechanical flaws. But Baile and Parrot have been in the business for long enough to have ironed out these problems. It is still Chinese sound quality but can be a good "workhorse".
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)

User avatar
m33ksy
Novice
Novice
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:56 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by m33ksy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:28 pm

I did have my doubts when I saw that it was on the chinese list but thought I'd ask. Sounds fine then as a secondary accordion for travelling! Thanks all again for your great advice.

User avatar
debra
Should get out more!
Should get out more!
Posts: 1232
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:45 pm
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by debra » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:06 pm

m33ksy wrote:I did have my doubts when I saw that it was on the chinese list but thought I'd ask. Sounds fine then as a secondary accordion for travelling! Thanks all again for your great advice.
The Chinese list is not (completely) intended to list bad instruments to avoid. It is more to let people know which Italian or other non-chinese sounding names are really Chinese. For instance, people might think that a "Scarlatti" should be an Italian accordion, but nope, it's Chinese. And the same is true for many other names. Having a deceiving name does not necessarily mean the instrument is bad.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)

landro
Expert
Expert
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:21 pm
Location: USA

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by landro » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Having worked in the past on a few 3 Chinese accordions , I`d avoid purchasing a used Baile or any other used accordion made in China . Hopefully their newer models are better constructed and with better materials.
With that said, I have to ask why anyone would consider a used Chinese accordion when the market is flooded with so many better Italian and German ones.

User avatar
losthobos
Star
Star
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by losthobos » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:44 am

I have been using a Korean built Moreshi 72 bass as my cheap 'Streetfighter' accordion for the last three years where I don't want to take my good box..
Worth a look if you're on a budget,,,and nice tone too..just saying..
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...

User avatar
Glenn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!
Posts: 2345
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by Glenn » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:49 am

"Street fighter"? The mind boggles.
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

User avatar
debra
Should get out more!
Should get out more!
Posts: 1232
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:45 pm
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by debra » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 am

landro wrote:Having worked in the past on a few 3 Chinese accordions , I`d avoid purchasing a used Baile or any other used accordion made in China . Hopefully their newer models are better constructed and with better materials.
With that said, I have to ask why anyone would consider a used Chinese accordion when the market is flooded with so many better Italian and German ones.
That is a good point. While Baile and Parrot have been in the market for long and *now* know how to build a usable accordion, that does not say anything about the built-quality of older boxes from the period where they were still learning how accordions should work.
In my opinion the best used boxes to get are older Hohners, not too old though. A Verdi II (96b LMM) or III (120b LMM) or V (120b LMMM) from the era where they have the white register switches is essentially indestructible. They were made to last a lifetime but actually last more than just one lifetime.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!
Posts: 4512
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 12:54 am
Location: Cheshire UK

Re: Baile accordion thoughts?

Post by Soulsaver » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:17 pm

debra wrote: In my opinion the best used boxes to get are older Hohners, not too old though. A Verdi II (96b LMM) or III (120b LMM) or V (120b LMMM) from the era where they have the white register switches is essentially indestructible. They were made to last a lifetime but actually last more than just one lifetime.
I'll second that, I've got a several variations of them.
I know a good player who uses a parrot as a back up - the '70s Scandalli (copy or maybe licenced?) looking one with chrome pans. And it sounds good.. it must do, his main is a Super 6.
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest