CBA fingering Mantova style

To discuss / ask questions about learning methods/styles/teachers/techniques etc.
donn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: CBA fingering Mantova style

Post by donn » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:18 pm

TomBR wrote:Interesting clip, thank you. ;)
Maybe worth a reminder that you can slow the play speed on Youtube with the little gearwheel icon, either half speed with slowed sound, or quarter speed without sound.
Hm, I get sound with 0.25 speed. It's been useful for transcribing, though really fast stuff (e.g., Romanian brass band) can kind of wash out, between the limits of the sound data and whatever resampling they do to keep the pitch constant. At the time, it seemed to me an option only for HTML5 videos, and not for Flash - but I have some option set somewhere that I believe presents all youtube videos in HTML5 for me.

losthobos
Star
Star

Re: CBA fingering Mantova style

Post by losthobos » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Dan....yep you've got the idea....thumb on side...2345 available for chords...use thumb to lead down into deeper arpeggio ...alt use thumb 2,3 and use 4,5 to embellish higher melody
Bear in mind I am NOT sure fast player, either in the tunes I enjoy or skill....i use a basic cheat sheet lead notation with chords written above an interpret as I find pleasing...so may not be to everyone's taste..
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...