B system, C system

Re: B system, C system

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:34 pm

If you want to the Novikov piece on C-system ( sure it's possible on both B-system or C-system)

Novikov Viktor
French ballad "V(ladimir) Kosma"

Новиков Виктор
Французская баллада В.Космы

http://www.goldaccordion.com/noti/n

Bayan sheet music archive:
http://www.goldaccordion.com/noti/

online bayan sheet music (2 pages, downpage is an arrow, click for the 2nd page of sheet music pieces)
http://bayanac.narod.ru/index.html
Stephen

Superstar
Superstar

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Just want to add also the link to a video of the Novikov arrangement on the theme "Autumn leaves":
Versions by the bayan players Skliarov and Semionov:
http://www.music.volod.com.ua/novikov_vol2.php

You can buy the sheet music from this Ukraine website.
Stephen

Superstar
Superstar

Postby debra » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Acon wrote:
debra wrote:I too like very much what some of the Russian virtuosi play, and I for instance got the "French Ballad" (based on Autumn Leaves) by Novikov and it is simply impossible on the C-system. I cannot reach the notes (it's not a matter of skill, but of physics).

Paul can you provide the sheet of that specific passage? It's hard to imagine a melody only playable in one system.

Check out http://files.goldaccordion.com/noti/N/N ... _Franc.pdf
The beginning of the second page (marked as 16) is already a stretch, but in parts like the third line the page marked as 18 he has lost me...

Good luck with it!
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
debra

Superstar
Superstar

Postby Acon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Paul,

The sheet looks a little bit crazy for me, but aren't they are the same hard on both systems?
Acon

Improver
Improver

Postby maugein96 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:58 pm

Forgive my possible ignorance here, but if the stretches you are talking about relate to the treble clef, then is it a fingering issue? Looks like you need to play the triplets in the first bar on page 18 using a combination of your thumb and first finger for them all whilst using fingers 3,4, and 5 to sustain the chord? I have small hands but can quite easily span two octaves on French CBA. However I have no real experience of the type of music in the score. Looks like the maximum span is from F to D flat in the octave above, and the first bar looks as if it might be possible by 1-2-1, 2-1-2, 1-2-1, 2-1-2, then using 1 for the second bar.

I'll give it a try tomorrow when the household is not asleep. To be honest it's not the sort of score I would even normally attempt, but I'll give it a go if for no other reason than it looks interesting. I don't know anything about free bass, and if it is that aspect you are discussing I'll just crawl back into my corner.

Playing triplets with two fingers on CBA is standard fare with the old style of French musette that I am familiar with, although I'm not sure if it will work with the music concerned here.
maugein96

Superstar
Superstar

Postby debra » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 am

maugein96 wrote:Forgive my possible ignorance here, but if the stretches you are talking about relate to the treble clef, then is it a fingering issue? Looks like you need to play the triplets in the first bar on page 18 using a combination of your thumb and first finger for them all whilst using fingers 3,4, and 5 to sustain the chord? I have small hands but can quite easily span two octaves on French CBA. However I have no real experience of the type of music in the score. Looks like the maximum span is from F to D flat in the octave above, and the first bar looks as if it might be possible by 1-2-1, 2-1-2, 1-2-1, 2-1-2, then using 1 for the second bar.

I'll give it a try tomorrow when the household is not asleep. To be honest it's not the sort of score I would even normally attempt, but I'll give it a go if for no other reason than it looks interesting. I don't know anything about free bass, and if it is that aspect you are discussing I'll just crawl back into my corner.

Playing triplets with two fingers on CBA is standard fare with the old style of French musette that I am familiar with, although I'm not sure if it will work with the music concerned here.

The problems are twofold: 1) places where you need to sustain a low note while playing high chords. Whether you can reach them depends on which notes are in these chords and where they are on the keyboard. 2) places where you need to sustain a high note or even two or three while playing low notes. The third (double) line on page 18 is like this. You need to play a chord D-F-D which I cannot do with 3-4-5, I must use 2-3-5 , so I have only the thumb left for the fast triplets. Ouch... I have watched on YouTube and I don't know how but players do take these chords with 3-4-5. No way I can do that, and it's not because my instrument has larger buttons: it does not, it is a Russian bayan, just C-system.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
debra

Superstar
Superstar

Postby maugein96 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:07 am

Paul,

Was able to keep the chord down with 3-4-5, but would need to work out the best option for the triplets with 1 and 2. I couldn't say it came naturally or was particularly easy, but I suppose if I had to do it all the time I'd get there.

I used the Ferrero method to teach myself, which I'm sure you already know makes you work the little finger as a sort of compensation for the fact that you need to keep the thumb off the keyboard. I would have to say that I never worked through the whole method, but used it as a basis for development. We all know that any method which precludes the use of the thumb presents the student with considerable disadvantages in modern and classical music, but it also means that the hand and fingers are used to stretching more if the thumb is not in use.

Don't really want to get into thumb vs no thumb again, and to play the score concerned you might be better with 2 thumbs on your right hand! All I can say is I'm glad I don't have to try and play scores like that every day, and I don't think I'll be looking for any more like it.

Good luck to anybody who manages the tune as it is written.
maugein96

Superstar
Superstar

Previous

Return to Teaching & Learning