Another question

Another question

Postby Happy girl » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:18 pm

In this piece there are 9 bars which have held notes in the treble, & dotted crotchets in the bass.

My question is where is it possible within these bars to change bellows cleanly? I have tried playing the whole sequence without a change, but the bellows are too far out for comfort.

Maybe this is a good place & time to start practicing tight bellow control?

Also what does the squiggly line mean at the end of the piece, would that be bellow shake or maybe a glissando?

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
clair de lune.jpg
Happy girl

Expert
Expert

Re: Another question

Postby Reedwarbler » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Sqiggly line= The chord is played as a sequence of notes. It is arpeggiated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpeggio
Reedwarbler

Expert
Expert

Postby JIM D. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:59 pm

It is possible to change the direction of your bellows with no noticeable break in sound or volume change, and many classical accordionist's use this when necessary.
It takes time and practice to achieve the process, but once learned you will find it as easy as bellows shaking.
To accomplish this try holding a treble note while opening the bellows, then while still opening, lift the bottom of the bellows while changing to a closing stroke. You will have to practice this slowly at first, but with time and patience it can be accomplished. :tup:
Owner,Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA
JIM D.

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Glenn » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Are you able to achieve this effect Jim?
Unless both pull and push valves are open at the same time I can't see how it will work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
Glenn

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Matt Butcher » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:56 pm

Changing bellows at the start of the sixth bar of the section would work wouldn't it? Or at the start of the 4th but more risk of running out of bellows? Or three three-bar phrases though that might be a bit artificial. Apologies if I've missed something. (Edited to clarify: when I say "the section" I'm talking about the nine bars, not the whole page)
Last edited by Matt Butcher on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Butcher

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby JerryPH » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:14 am

Without looking too closely... suggested changes look easily possible at measures: 6, 13, 16, 24 and 29.
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby JIM D. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:16 am

Of course it works, Give it a try. I'll see if I find a Utube video on the subject. Lifting the bellows on a out stroke and while lifting begin to reverse the bellows (doing this properly) will not sound a break in air flow.
Many accomplished accordionist's have perfected this and perform in this manner, and if you try a Utube video of accordionist's like for example - Ludovic Biere or Pino di Mugdino - you can see his bellows direction, but if you don't watch and just listen, you can't tell their use of bellows direction.
For example ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0EktwYEZIg ---- Watch, then just listen (eyes closed).
{} :tup: {}
Owner,Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA
JIM D.

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Glenn » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:38 am

Somehow not convincing.
I'm still looking for the one - note test.
Play one note only and demonstrate the totally smooth, continuous sound of a single reed playing.
I appreciate and enjoy the great skills some accordionists have at masking direction changes and is something we need to practice every day but the one note continuous playing is a tough one to demonstrate. Fortunately not much music requires a smooth, one note drone
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
Glenn

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Return to Teaching & Learning