Another crossover - PA to CBA two months in

Re: Another crossover - PA to CBA two months in

Postby george garside » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:55 am

JonathanC wrote:
george garside wrote:- perhaps they are written to keep music teachers in business!!
george :evil: ;)

...to clarify, you are not refering to your books here George are you? ;-)

as it says on the front cover mine is "a without the crap book" !

george ;)
george garside

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby mitchnc » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:49 pm

After spending a few hours with my new CBA I was surprised how much left-hand muscle memory I still had after having not held an accordion for 10+ years.
I started working through Adventures In Bassland.

But the treble is another story.
mitchnc

Improver
Improver

Postby TomBR » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:07 pm

mitchnc wrote:But the treble is another story.

Now I'm three months into CBA, I might attempt a bit of an aphorism that, looking at CBA in comparison with PA, easy things are hard, but hard things are easy! :D

(Which is just a way of saying they are different and have different learning curves.)
I'll do an update in a while, but still thoroughly enjoying CBA and a bit obsessed.

I'm going to pick up a PA for the first time since the change today, singing a song in public with accordion accompaniment which I've done a good few times before on PA, I'll see how it goes in practice, but I think it's just not worth taking the risk at this stage. I guess this relates to why some very fine players (I'm thinking of the Scotttish tradition in particular) have struggled to make a complete change.
Tom
TomBR

Superstar
Superstar

Postby george garside » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Tom, unless you intend to ditch the piano box and go over completely to the continental I would recommend that you play/practice both regularly and if possible in the same session eg half an hour on one and half an hour on t'other!. If you intend to go completely continental either flog the piano box or lend it to somebody or otherwise put it completely out of temptations way!

george ;)
george garside

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby TomBR » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 am

george garside wrote:Tom, unless you intend to ditch the piano box and go over completely to the continental I would recommend that you play/practice both regularly and if possible in the same session eg half an hour on one and half an hour on t'other!. If you intend to go completely continental either flog the piano box or lend it to somebody or otherwise put it completely out of temptations way!

george ;)

Thanks George, I quite agree. The plan is a 100% change and the PAs will be for sale. As it happened I didn't need to do the song, and if the oppoprtunity comes up again I'll reckon to do it on CBA.
Cheers
Tom
TomBR

Superstar
Superstar

Previous

Return to Teaching & Learning