A tribute to Bill "Goldtopia" Orrell

Talk about anything accordion related here
Happy girl
Expert
Expert

A tribute to Bill "Goldtopia" Orrell

Post by Happy girl » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:15 am

A post in a different thread reminded us it is now a year since Bill "Goldtopia" Orrell passed away.

His favourite source of communication was Accordion Chat, so this is the place to lodge a respectful tribute. Bill’s contribution was always positive, his approach constructive; & by adding his own unique charismatic flavour, entertaining & humorous.

I will remember Bill for his reflective, thoughtful musings & logic, always very gentle & kind.

It is highly probable that Bill, now firmly established behind those pearly gates, will be working hard to persuade the angels to lay down their harps in favour of his beloved accordion……..

Stephen Hawkins
Star
Star

Re: A tribute to Bill "Goldtopia" Orrell

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:29 am

I would like to associate myself with this tribute to Bill Orrell. Though I didn't know Bill as well as some on this forum, I nevertheless feel it appropriate to mark his passing.

Orrell is a district situated to the West of Wigan, and I wonder if Bill's surname links him to that region. My interest stems from the fact that I was born in Orrell, and that place names are often used as surnames for those emanating from such districts.

artelagro
Star
Star

Re: A tribute to Bill "Goldtopia" Orrell

Post by artelagro » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Bill’s legacy – The wish that we may be remembered like him.