Anyone have any information on this type of Accordion?

Anyone have any information on this type of Accordion?

Postby bwinterstine » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Hello,

I'm a new member and have not owned an accordion for 40 years. I recently purchased this Scandalli from ebay and it works well but does need some minor repairs. It has one loose reed and needs some new valves. It should be good enough for me to start back into playing. I believe the module says: Italy 482 / 142 but the numbers are worn.

I would like to know when it was manufactured and if spare parts are available. The accordion is a "lady" sized accordion with the keyboard measuring about 17 inches.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
bwinterstine

Beginner
Beginner

Re: Anyone have any information on this type of Accordion?

Postby Soulsaver » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Looks like early post war, maybe early 1950s. 2 voice starter accordion by a good name maker. The serial numbers aren't particularly useful as there has been so much rationalisation in Italian manufacturers or the last 50 years the records are lost.
Scandalli parts aren't available for this age & model, but generic parts to keep it 'going' are readily available.
[b]Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584

b]
Soulsaver

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby Soulsaver » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:08 pm

PS Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the PA fold. You don't say where you are?
[b]Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584

b]
Soulsaver

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby JackieC » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new accordion. That looks to be an older Scandalli, 2 reed, smaller keys, but easy to work with. Hopefully everything is working well on it so you can enjoy playing again. I bet you'll enjoy playing, as accordion is such a wonderful instrument. If you are in need of repairs on it, be sure to seek out someone who is knowledgeable in accordion repair so repairs are done properly. Enjoy!
Petosa Cajun Special, Petosa Little Pro Xtreme, Titano Standard, Castiglione CBA-C, Roland FR-1X, Monterrey 30/48
JackieC

Improver
Improver

Postby bwinterstine » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. The accordion really plays 90% but needs treble leather valves replaced and one reed re-waxed. I intend to do it myself once I measure the leathers and order them. After not touching an accordion for decades I was really surprised that my left hand muscle memory still could play the left hand...not great but not bad either.
bwinterstine

Beginner
Beginner

Postby Stephen Hawkins » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 pm

Dear bwinterstine, (a less formal name would be a boon)

A warm welcome to the forum, and hearty congratulations on your resumption with the accordion.

I'm sure you will soon have your accordion fixed up and playing sweetly, and I look forward to reading about your progress with this very worthwhile project.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
Stephen Hawkins

Star
Star

Return to Accordion Chat