My first YouTube Video

Re: My first YouTube Video

Postby mitchnc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:12 pm

Love it! Your left hand is so confident.
mitchnc

Improver
Improver

Postby PAE61775 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Ed - fantastic I enjoyed it very much, and admired your skill, and musicality. You asked for a suggestion. I have one, but, it is a suggestion and certainly not a criticism. Your beautiful accordion has other registers, and using them would bring some additional interest. Is it possible for you to hit a register while your "bees-wings" fingers whizz up and down the keys board?
Phillip
PAE61775

Beginner
Beginner

Postby EMan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Time for another TY to all. I will do my best to take all suggestions into account. Some will be possible (mixing up the registers), some not ( smiling). I think my face is stuck like this. I am working on it though.

But thanks to all !
EMan

Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Matt Butcher » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:34 am

I keep coming back to this video. It's fun, it's exciting, it's expressive, it's... not easy, I just think it's a really good personal interpretation of this type of music. I don't think I do find it "rushed" - it does have a rushing, driving feel (which is a bit different from T. Ghazzini's interpretation) but I think that works - including the way it runs into the next section - it is called Grande Amore after all...

Ed was kind enough to give me a couple of hints and some encouragement a few months ago and I could tell from what he said that he knew his stuff. Anyway I've had a lot of enjoyment from this one so I'm looking forward to the third instalment.

(Glen, you asked if the music was readily available, and surprisingly the answer's yes, free and legal on here: http://www.novalis-music.com/Prodotto.c ... ccolta=160 complete with free downloads of backing tracks... But I'll post about Novalis Music later on.)
Matt Butcher

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby EMan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Matt, Thanks for the kind words, again !

When anyone goes to that Novalis site and downloads the music for Grande Amore, they are going to find that it is written for button accordions with more than 41 notes on the treble side. That causes a bit of angst for us PA people, as on a couple of instances in the tune, we run out of keys in the upper octaves. In addition, God Bless the person who wrote the sheet that they didn't get a nose bleed. Quite a bit of the tune is written about 2-3 octaves above the staff, rendering it readable, but difficult to sight read. After determining that I wanted to play the tune and downloading it, I decided to transcribe it for the PA, to make it, at least, easier to read. I do have that transcription available for anyone who would like a copy of it and would be happy to forward same. Just PM me and I'll send you back a PDF of the transcription.

PS - third installment of the videos coming this week. Not sure yet what it will be.
EMan

Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Matt Butcher » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:16 pm

EMan wrote:God Bless the person who wrote the sheet that they didn't get a nose bleed.
:D :D :D
Matt Butcher

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Previous

Return to I Did That!