Accordion Looper with FX Pedals

Your recordings, audio or video - let's have a listen!
Freakwichtel
Beginner
Beginner

Accordion Looper with FX Pedals

Post by Freakwichtel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm

[BBvideo 560,340]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAMYV_6Tjw[/BBvideo]Live Jam with Accordion looping "Please don't stop the music" from Rihanna.

All sounds are Live Accordion Audio with FX pedals, no midi or Synthesizer/Keyboard sounds.
Only Drums are programmed.
And a bit of Mastering and EQ afterwards.

Setup:
FX Pedals (see video subtitles, what was used in every part):
Eventide H9
Mooer Funky Monkey (Wah Wah)
Moog MF Drive
Strymon Mobius Filter
Strymon TimeLine Delay
Strymon BigSky Reverb

Recorded with a Hohner Amica III (Design 2, orange) through a Mojave MA-201fet Microphone direct into an RME Fireface and Ableton Live (Macbook Pro).

Please check out my other videos and give me feedback!

Have Fun!!

losthobos
Star
Star

Re: Accordion Looper with FX Pedals

Post by losthobos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Suits me sir...well done you funky munky
Did the mic go through pedalboard and then to DI interface to Ableton...thanks :b
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...

Glenn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Glenn » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:37 am

Cool. Looks like great fun an you certainly get a rich sound from your rig.
I've been toying with getting a looper and have played around with some pic based ones but I have the feeling a bespoke looper is the safest and surest option. Why did you go for the Strymon range?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

Freakwichtel
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Freakwichtel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:07 am

losthobos wrote:Suits me sir...well done you funky munky
Did the mic go through pedalboard and then to DI interface to Ableton...thanks :b
Thank you!

And yes, I used the "Eventide Mixing Link" as my Mic PreAmp and all the boards ran as a FX signal loop into it. So I could also change the Fx dry/wet for every new Effect. And from the Mixing Link into my Audio-Interface.

Freakwichtel
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Freakwichtel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:10 am

Glenn wrote:Cool. Looks like great fun an you certainly get a rich sound from your rig.
I've been toying with getting a looper and have played around with some pic based ones but I have the feeling a bespoke looper is the safest and surest option. Why did you go for the Strymon range?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! It is great fun experimenting with all the Fx boards...
And I'm also playing a lot of synths in bands with guitarists, and they got me to the strymon range. They are definitly the best sounding FX pedals I own. I used them for Synthesizers most of the time.
But I also have some more Moog pedals and will give them a try with the next videos.

AccordionUprising
Expert
Expert

Post by AccordionUprising » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:54 am

That's really fun. I like to see new ideas.

You know accordionists Pee Wee King's and Frankie Yankovic's bands were using the cutting-edge Hammond Solovox electronic keyboard in the 1940's? You're carrying on that spirit of experimentation. Does it make you an old-fashioned rebel?
Bruce Triggs
Accordion Noir Radio
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Matt Butcher » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:07 am

This is impressive, I really enjoyed this. I found out experimenting some time ago that accordion sounds respond well to processing, must be something about the overtones that means that you can do a lot with the sound. But this isn't experimental, it's a polished finished product and for me a very convincing update of the accordion as one man band. You mention you play in bands. I wondered if you play out solo. I would love to check out your other videos as you suggest but with an embedded video like this one, I can't see the details - what's the name of your You Tube channel?

siiva108
Novice
Novice

Post by siiva108 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Matt Butcher wrote:I would love to check out your other videos as you suggest but with an embedded video like this one, I can't see the details - what's the name of your You Tube channel?
If you hover your mouse over the embedded video, you'll see the menu bar show up at the bottom. click the youtube logo at the bottom right and it takes you directly to that video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAMYV_6Tjw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;