Officially my first video!

Re: Officially my first video!

Postby Soulsaver » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Brill - impressive stuff, Jerry. The bass tone sounds little a like mic'd Hohner Imperator...
[b]Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584

b]
Soulsaver

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby JerryPH » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:28 pm

Thanks so much everyone, it's really appreciated. I have to admit, I kind of looked at making a video as a bit of a chore. It's not easy setting up the lighting, the two cameras and then all the post processing, but in this case, it just all seemed to click together so easily. Not too surprisingly, the sound was recorded straight to a USB key and nothing was done to it except some minor equalizing (well the black and white section was heavily EQ'ed, removing all the bass, adding mid-range and leaving the highs as is so the sound was more "old fashioned".) I spent more time making that black and white section than I did working on the music, which was really nice and kind of encourages me to think about the next song I want to make, which at this time, I have no idea what that will be.

Again, thanks friends. :)
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
JerryPH

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby JIM D. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Hi JER:
I can only say that it's impressive how quickly you have mastered and flawlessly play a newly acquired "V" accordion.
Your video clearly shows how an accomplished accordionist can entertain and perform with the new world of digital's.
And of course it always helps if you have "talent" and a "sense of humor".

:tup: Keep it up !! :tup: :
JIM
Owner,Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA
JIM D.

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby torch » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:15 am

Right on. It sure enhanced what was already good music. I thought even more veritcal lines as in really old movies and more crackels at the beginning would have resulted in a more dramatic effect. I enjoyed it.

[/quote]
I think it's deliberate, Paul ! The black and white film with lines and crackles all make the beginning very nostalgic .... reminiscent of being played on a 78 rpm disc. Note the wink at the end of this section which then breaks into colour and clarity ![/quote]
torch

Novice
Novice

Postby Glenn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:47 am

Ahh. A free afternoon to yourself. What luxury.
Time well spent as it was a great video and again motivating to see what others are doing with their instrument. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
Glenn

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby debra » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:55 am

Corsaire wrote:
debra wrote:You clearly like your new toy a lot!
There is some "static" noise in the beginning. Maybe you can still filter it out? Or maybe it is just my laptop with crappy sound (even through headphones)?

I think it's deliberate, Paul ! The black and white film with lines and crackles all make the beginning very nostalgic .... reminiscent of being played on a 78 rpm disc. Note the wink at the end of this section which then breaks into colour and clarity !

Right... The problem with such "jokes" is that the audience may miss it completely and think there is a problem. We have experienced that with jokes in our own performances where the audience just thought our performance was going wrong and did not realize it was deliberate...
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
debra

Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Postby losthobos » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:34 am

You're right there Glenn a whole afternoon off work would be wonderful, though it would take me a month of Sundays to make a video that professional....
Paul "right or wrong make it strong" ;)
And Jerry, great stuff, you've made an entertaining rendition it what seems like "a blink of the eye"
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...
losthobos

Star
Star

Previous

Return to I Did That!