For Sale: Vignoni Philharmonic IV 120 Bass Accordion

Looking for a new home for your accordion?
Happy girl
Star
Star

Re: For Sale: Vignoni Philharmonic IV 120 Bass Accordion

Post by Happy girl » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:03 pm

No Anyanka I am not German. I am actually a Lancashire lass, through & through.

I however did live in Germany for about 13 years; my occupation at that time was as a translator for the Military Police.

Stephen Hawkins
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 am

Hello Jem,

I wish to add my condolences to those already expressed.

It must have been upsetting for you to have felt so distrusted by our members when you first advertised your Dad's accordion. I'm sorry to say that it is a sign of the times we live in.

Scams involving accordions are increasing, with crooks realising that there is money to be made from these expensive instruments. Any negativity you read was merely a reaction to a worsening situation, and certainly not a comment on your honesty.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Jem
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Jem » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Many thanks Stephen - it means a lot to me to read your kind message. It's a sorry world we live in when we have to be on guard 24/7, against scams and fraudulence. On a positive note, I have bought a Clarinet and hopefully will learn to play without upsetting my cat!

Christmas is always a busy time for me so I am hoping to put some energy into selling the Vignoni next year.

I appreciate your message and I wish you and all other members, the very best of the Season and a very Happy and Peaceful New Year.

debra

Post by debra » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:46 pm

I have not followed this thread for a while. Very sorry that there is such a sad story behind it. Glad to find out the ad is completely legit though. I hope you find musical enjoyment with the Clarinet. The Vignoni should not be a very difficult sell. It looks well kept. It won't attract the very conservative players (like me) who insist on getting only black instruments without a lot of deco but there are many people who would love to have such a nice red instrument. All the best with your sale.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl

hais1273
Star
Star

Post by hais1273 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:38 am

A clarinet! Good for you. Our cat isn't musical at all and leaves the room it that slightly pompous way some cats have when anything is played. The dog dosn't care at all...

Stephen Hawkins
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Hello Jem,

I played Clarinet in the early 60's, occasionally guesting with my Cousin's Folk Group. The Folk "scene" was vibrant at the time, as it still is in my area.

Good luck with your new instrument. I feel sure that genetics will play some part in your progress.

You never know, it is possible that you will reconsider selling your Dad's instruments, choosing instead to learn two instruments simultaneously. It would be a fitting tribute to your Dad, and you would get to hang around on this forum.

Kind Best Wishes Of The Season,

Stephen.