Vignoni

Looking for a new home for your accordion?
Jem
Beginner
Beginner

Vignoni

Post by Jem » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Vignoni Philharmonic Bass Accordion(Musette Version)
Last edited by Jem on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:04 am, edited 7 times in total.

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: For Sale: Vignoni Philharmonic IV 120 Bass Accordion

Post by Soulsaver » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Nice. If it's collection only you may wish to give us a clue where it is? :)
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:07 pm

Jem,

One post and no response to a reasonable query. Don't know who you are or where you are. You are not inspiring confidence.

debra

Post by debra » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:51 am

Stephen Hawkins wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:07 pm
Jem,

One post and no response to a reasonable query. Don't know who you are or where you are. You are not inspiring confidence.
Something the OP should realize is that when a newcomer posts a very nice instrument for sale, offers no information regarding its origin ((s)he doesn't play, so how did (s)he come into possession of it?) and then does not answer a reasonable question... it only raises suspicion.

This could all be perfectly legit, but the information we have is not enough to give people confidence. And when conducting such private sales, confidence and trust is everything! I have sold some of my accordions in the past but over the years people have come to know me (not only through instruments but mainly through participation in accordion activities and through distributing my arrangements for accordion orchestra) and therefore trust me when I sell an instrument (of course with original invoice included).
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Detective work: Driffield, East Riding Of Yorkshire http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/ ... rsion.html

and just for info - I'd have been mildly interested in this if it had piccolo reed.
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Paul,

I'm with you ........ I would want to know a hell of a lot more about a vendor before I parted with almost £2,000.

One of my two accordions came from a well established dealer, while the other was sold to me by a personal friend.

In my mind, this is a definite "buyer beware" situation.

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JIM D. » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:21 am

A most certainly a " Ceveat Emptor".
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:18 pm

JIM D. wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:21 am
A most certainly a " Ceveat Emptor".
Nah Jim, Pretty sure it's a Vignoni..
:lol: :lol:

b]

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JIM D. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Yes a Vignoni but, Who owns the badge , and who made it.
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA

Jem
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Jem » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:50 pm

To all

I have just been made aware of this forum. This site was suggested to me by a member who had seen my advert on pre-loved. He said to try this site as it was a site purely for accordionist and I may have a better chance of selling. I was hoping that any interest in this instrument would be by email. As I have not received any inquiries then I assumed there was no interest.

So in answer to all those who doubt its authenticity and the integrity of me as the seller:

"Something the OP should realize is that when a newcomer posts a very nice instrument for sale, offers no information regarding its origin ((s)he doesn't play, so how did (s)he come into possession of it?) and then does not answer a reasonable question... it only raises suspicion."

I am not a player and sadly never will be. The really sad story attached to this accordion is, it belongs to my father who has advanced Alzheimer's and cancer, he has very little time left on this earth. It is heartbreaking to sell it as it is his pride and joy. He played his accordions for over sixty years unprofessionally. There is no one in the family who can play and it's a shame it is sat in the case when someone could get as much pleasure from it as my father did. This genuine reason for sale is not easy to explain in a advert, it is painful for the family to have part with something that is so dear to him. If anyone would care to contact me for details of where it was purchased from, or is interested in buying this genuine Italian made instrument, then please do get in touch using this sites messaging service. I would also like to point out that it is collection only and no money would be exchanged without full inspection of the instrument. As an addition to this response, the instrument was supplied by Geoff Holter, Darlington, England. The label is still attached to it with the shop's details.The location is East Yorkshire, England.
Last edited by Jem on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:54 am

[Post removed by admin]
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Not being a player, you're probably unaware that scams on nice accordions are rife, hence the less open minded responses from some.

So sad about your father. I'm sure many of the members on here have had similar experiences, and would join me offering our sympathies.

If you have other accordions for sale you're welcome to post the ads here. You actually had a near miss with this, I'd have been seriously interested if it wasn't musette as I've collected quite a few of those already.

And we know now, but if you want response by email, it would be worth saying so in your post and where you and the accordion is :)

Best wishes with the sale.

b]

Jem
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Jem » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Many thanks for your message, sympathies and advice.

I'm afraid I am committed to selling this instrument but wish I didn't have to under the circumstances. I now realise there are scams on accordions, but in all innocence as I have never tried to sell one before, I had no idea the musical instrument industry was also subject to this modern day theft. I will update the ad to include the location/message preference.

BTW my father did try to teach how to play on a Hohner accordion when I was a young girl, but my right hand always wanted to follow the same movement as my left! Maybe I should have persevered and I would have kept the Vignoni! I'm sorry but they are all keys, buttons and bellows to me so please excuse my ignorance.

hais1273
Star
Star

Post by hais1273 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Jem, If you get really stuck with selling this item you could try approaching some of the accordion retailers here in the UK, as it's desirable instrument they may see fit to advertise it on their websites. They will charge commission of course, how much I've know idea. I know Allodi in London sometimes sells instruments on a commission basis. Good luck, though.

Jem
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Jem » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Many thanks for the tip hais1273, I'll check them out - just wish I'd learned to play.

Happy girl
Star
Star

Post by Happy girl » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 pm

It is never too late to learn anything Jem; as a lot of us on this site can contest to. However, if you are committed to sell, then you have made a decision undoubtedly from the heart & in your own best interest.

I want to join Soulsaver in his best wishes, & condolences to you.

Jem
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Jem » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:19 pm

Many thanks Happy girl for your kind message. I agree, it's never too late to try to learn something new, having taken up learning the German language recently. I don't think I could even manage to play a squeezebox as I have undergone hand surgery after years of pain. Maybe I'll dig out my old guitar from the loft to see if I can manage to play a few chords (and set the neighbourhood dogs howling)!

Happy girl
Star
Star

Post by Happy girl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:40 pm

Eine Sprache zu lernen ist genau so gut für das Gehirn wie ein Instrument zu lernen und beide Versuche sind frustrierend. Viel Glück mit deinem Vorhaben.Hunde singen gern, also nimm deine Guitarre und versuche standhaft zu bleiben!
Übrigens Jem….Falls Du dein Instrument verkauft hast, vergiss nicht es der Gemeinschaft wissen zu lassen, das es nicht mehr zum Verkauf ansteht.

Learning a new language is every bit as good for the brain as learning a musical instrument & equally as frustrating at times. Good luck with your endeavours. Dogs love to sing, so pick up that guitar & go for it with vengeance!
By the way Jem….. Once your instrument is sold, please remember to post that information on this thread & let everyone know it is no longer available. :D

Anyanka

Post by Anyanka » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Happy Girl.... bist du eine Deutsche? So fließend zu schreiben, ist selten wenn es eine Fremdsprache ist...

Jem
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Jem » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Meine deutsch ist nicht sehr gut aber Ich werde nicht vergessen zu posten, wenn es verkauft wird - danke. I will not forget to post when it is sold - thanks.