Soprani for sale

Looking for a new home for your accordion?
loadedman
Beginner
Beginner

Soprani for sale

Post by loadedman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi all, New to the forum so hope you can help me out.

I have a Soprani for sale. This came from my late Uncle who loved playing it but as I cannot play (sorry in advance) it really does need to go to a better home who will really cherish it. It plays really nice and all working.

I don't actually know very much about the model or indeed age or value so that would be a starting point. It has been stored in a case all its life so remains in really nice condition. Its a really nice pearl effect shell. Check out the pics

So for starters can anyone help with model and age?

Thanks in advance all.
Attachments
soprani 6 resize.jpg
soprani 4 resize.jpg
soprani 3 resize.jpg
soprani 2 resize.jpg
soprani 1 resize.jpg

Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Soprani for sale

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:39 am

Hi Loaded,

I have just responded to your introduction on the new members thread, believing that you had joined the forum for purposes other than just selling an unwanted accordion.

Oh Well, never mind.

Stephen.

debra

Post by debra » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:13 am

Don't know about age or model, but I do know that this item is a diatonic instrument, which implies that when you press a button in most cases you will hear a different note when you open the bellows than when you close it. On this forum we mostly talk about chromatic accordions, which produce the same note on open and close. (They can be piano accordions or button accordions, but are all "chromatic".) There are other forums that deal with diatonic instruments or melodeons.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl

dunlustin
Superstar
Superstar

Post by dunlustin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:28 am

Paulo Soprani made some of the most sought after 'melodeons' which are still sometimes very valuable.
This is why the word SOPRANI is big and the 'v' is small.
The two brands were around very much in the 50s/60s
To sell it you will need to know the keys on the RH side and the bass/chords on the left - if the first is (say) B/C then the LH side is about useless. Also how 'wet' is the tuning.
Likely to sell better in Scotland or Ireland.
Try melodeon.net or The session.
ps Although it seems logical to sell on an accordion forum, chances are members will only be interested in quite specific instruments.
Try the Auction - you've nothing to lose, after all, it's free money.

loadedman
Beginner
Beginner

Post by loadedman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi All, Thanks so far for the input and at least I now have somewhere to start from. I actually wish I could play it and depending what happens I may keep the item and learn (who knows!) but at least for now I have somewhere to start with so many, many thanks for the input. Its much appreciated.

Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi Loaded,

Your instrument would be comparatively easy to learn on, as it is only an 8 bass. This also means that its musical range is limited, but it should be fine for many simple folk tunes.

If you wish to progress further than the above mentioned folk tunes, you are going to need a bigger instrument.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.