Konig & Meyer Accordion Stand or similar

Looking for your first accordion? Upgrading?
CJMusic
Beginner
Beginner

Konig & Meyer Accordion Stand or similar

Post by CJMusic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm desperate for the Konig & Meyer Accordion Stand #174 https://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info ... 03ec5558ea

I'm a bassist who gigs out occasionally, but I also double on accordion at times (very beginner style, usually just holding chords or playing simple melodies). For this reason, I'm not always on my accordion. I would LOVE to get one of these stands, as I could switch back and forth during the song and not have to take my bass off, etc. The problem is, I can't pay $500 for it as I don't make much at all from this.

It seems this K&M stand is the ONLY walk-up accordion stand out there. Very small supply and demand market for this, I guess.

Does anyone have a used one for sale?! Please...

Thanks!
Chris

Happy girl
Star
Star

Re: Konig & Meyer Accordion Stand or similar

Post by Happy girl » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:06 am

Chris, If I would be desperate for an accordion stand, or anything else for that matter which is out of my financial reach, I would be thinking outside the box & asking myself if I can find an alternative solution by homing in on my creativity.

For example does it have to be an all singing & dancing model or would I be satisfied with something equally functional which I have designed myself using different materials?

O.K. so I may or may or may not have the skills necessary to actually make the whole thing; I could however consider engaging talented friends in a brainstorming session & take it from there, or even seek out a student at a college who is looking for a worthwhile project.

Perhaps I am talking out of the top of my head, but if this product is in short supply/too expensive etc. then the opportunity is present for you to take advantage of, & to come up with your own unique solution which is collapsible, transportable, functional & hopefully, a bit wacky! :D

All you need to do initially is to emerge in the excitement of allowing yourself to get carried away with the idea of self creation, & your gut feeling will tell you what is necessary for your situation.

I have lots of experience in being creative in the way described above; I am also very fortunate indeed because no matter how ‘funky’ my ideas, my husband, who is retired now, just relishes finding ‘stuff’ he has squirreled away in his workshop for years & emerges triumphantly with said goods. (Which incidentally must be to my specific requirement!)

I relate this not to gloat over my good fortune, but to encourage your creativity, to take control & conquer the ‘impossible’.

Good luck, I hope this helps & will open new doors for you.

Beware! this is an indulgence which could become addictive!!!

fjsys
Star
Star

Post by fjsys » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:21 am

Where are you located Chris?

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:17 pm

It's a good posting this, as these stands are like treadmills... the sort of thing people buy and then find they don't use so get's consigned to the garage, shed, cupboard etc., so there should be a few around.

I have one, albeit I'm in the UK and these are pretty robust (heavy) and shipping costs from here to the US would be prohibitive... and I'm undecided whether I may need it. So why bother to say? Just chewing the fat... :)
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

jozz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by jozz » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm

how about a harmophone? self-standing, electric powered accordion, loads cheaper than that stand, essentially perfect for chords

CJMusic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by CJMusic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 am

Thanks Jozz. Well...I wanted the stand for accordion, and I definitely don't need to see another instrument to purchase... :) That thing sounds fantastic, though!
I have an old Magnus chord organ. The fan needs cleaning as the notes are a bit flat (and it's noisy), but similar idea.

CJMusic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by CJMusic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:42 am

fjsys wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:21 am
Where are you located Chris?
I am in Illinois @fjsys

CJMusic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by CJMusic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 am

Thank you Happygirl.
I have a very capable father in law, who I keep bringing up the idea and ideas to. I think the thing holding me back is I don't want to spend $100+ on our own design, only to have it not work how I hoped, when I could have used that $100 to invest in the actual stand. I have terrible buyer's remorse.

I'm sure we could actually build one that would suit the needs, but I'm hoping to find an actual K&M which seems like the perfect design!

:)

CJMusic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by CJMusic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:49 am

Soulsaver - thanks! I imagine shipping would be $100+ USD from UK to here. I guess if you were serious about selling, we could look in to it more, but alas, the shipping would probably be the deal breaker.

Soulsaver wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:17 pm
It's a good posting this, as these stands are like treadmills... the sort of thing people buy and then find they don't use so get's consigned to the garage, shed, cupboard etc., so there should be a few around.

I have one, albeit I'm in the UK and these are pretty robust (heavy) and shipping costs from here to the US would be prohibitive... and I'm undecided whether I may need it. So why bother to say? Just chewing the fat... :)

Happy girl
Star
Star

Post by Happy girl » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Have faith old boy! Just think about the bonding with father-in –law which will enhance & increase family harmony in the future!

;) Surely that is worth more than it’s worth in gold ………