Hohner Lucia CBA

Looking for your first accordion? Upgrading?
Corinto
Intermediate
Intermediate

WANTED Hohner Lucia CBA

Post by Corinto » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:56 am

Thanks JerryPH
Carpe diem, C.

suletheman
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Hohner Lucia CBA

Post by suletheman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Hy to everyone.Well i try to find some informatios of hohner lucia,but in oficial site of hohner they want money for information.I have a hohner lucia but i do know isnt CBA or some other model?

http://prntscr.com/etbhol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i have that model.So if someone have information of that model please write.

OuijaBoard
Improver
Improver

Post by OuijaBoard » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:44 am

I find 3-row CBAs completely useless and a waste, for anyone but beginners who are solidifying their 3-row command before moving to 4 or 5 as quickly as possible. And my view RE that uselessness includes compact, lightweight boxes. It is infuriating that so many makers seem to think compact CBAs are for children or people who can't really play, and only merit 3 rows.

Having gotten THAT off my chest. I highly recommend the small single-voice free bass CBAs that seem to be cropping up all over the place. Most of them come with 4 or 5 rows on the right, though a few give you only 3 (UGH!). They usually have 2-ish octaves of single-voice freebass on the left, which is more than enough to construct some sweet stradella-ish bass accompaniment to your melody. The Weltmeister version used to come in a 4 row version as well as a 3, but only seeing the 3 stocked online lately. However, many makers give you 4 or 5 rows. These guys run under 5 KGs and are really delightful. It is amazing what you can do with 'em.

Cantonelli makes TWO, both with 30 treble notes and 4 rowsL

---The Primus Freebass "Mini" super-small, at 4.2 kg:

http://www.akkordeoncentrum.de/akkordeo ... ebass-Mini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

---And the Primus Freebass, 4.5 kg, slightly larger dimensions but same # of treble tones as the "Mini":

http://www.akkordeoncentrum.de/akkordeons/Cantonelli" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hohner makes 2---a Nova (Asian) one, the Nova I 49F, and a Hohner one. There are quite a few others out there by different shops. I LOVE these things.

debra

Post by debra » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:01 am

OuijaBoard wrote:I find 3-row CBAs completely useless and a waste, for anyone but beginners who are solidifying their 3-row command before moving to 4 or 5 as quickly as possible. And my view RE that uselessness includes compact, lightweight boxes. It is infuriating that so many makers seem to think compact CBAs are for children or people who can't really play, and only merit 3 rows.
You realise that Alexander Skliarov won the Coupe Mondiale in Bruges in 1971 playing a 3 row CBA (Bayan)?
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl

Nuuksu
Expert
Expert

Post by Nuuksu » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:46 pm

3 row boxes are not waste at all! It depends on players playing technique, can he/she use 3 rows or not. And most importantly can he/she utilise CBA efficently!

I have noticed that when I started playing B-system CBA I used all 5 rows almost in every song, even in simple ones, now 7 years since beginning I have reduced my row usage mostly to 3 or 4 rows. Extra rows are useful for five part complex chords and such kind of technical and uncomfortable stuff. Lately I downloaded some old etute books for bayan to polish my 3 row and 4 finger playing technique even more.

Stephen
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:28 pm

I hope more accordion makers and luthiers will produce small CBAs.

Russian factory AKKO made 2 prototypes for a stand up comedian, they are 3 kg.

Very practical accordions for gigs.

Nuuksu
Expert
Expert

Post by Nuuksu » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Boxes in this size range are probably custom job nowdays. There was market for these kind of boxes in 30's and 40's - soldiers. Most small CBA-s nowdays are 4 to 5 rows and starting from 60 bass. I tried to search if any Hohner Lucia CBA is popped up in eBay but nothing, I found only one chinese small 8 bass one probably in this size range.

http://pangomusic.en.made-in-china.com/ ... 1200-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This kind of small size seems to be popular.

[BBvideo 560,340]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKTebNeTeU[/BBvideo]

OuijaBoard
Improver
Improver

Post by OuijaBoard » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:42 pm

[[[You realise that Alexander Skliarov won the Coupe Mondiale in Bruges in 1971 playing a 3 row CBA (Bayan)?]]]

That's nice for him and all, but he's not running around playing one. He's playing a 5-row. It's no heavier and doesn't extend the board any to give the player at least a fourth row on the small boxes, silly not to. It's not like it gets in the way for anyone who prefers to play only on the 3.

More makers do seem willing to than heretofore, which is great--I think it's starting to sink in. Small CBAs of any kind, period, just seem to have gotten scarce on the ground for a while there. It's weird how hard it is to find CBAs in even my favorite size, the LMM 34/72 7.5 kg-ish version. Even now, some makers offer only a 96bass 8-9 kg as their "small" LMM CBA and only offer a 34/72 in a 2-voice treble. Beltuna, there's an example. Yet LMM PAs in the 34/72 7.5 kg-ish iteration are all over the place. Hopefully this will change and it can't be soon enough on this front. :roll:

Stephen
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:49 pm

There is no doubt Castelfidardo makers can make these small CBAs, but they only will make them if sufficient demand.

The very start of accordion making 1830s and 1840s offered featherlight accordions.
It was a selling advert for these buttonboxes.

debra

Post by debra » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:30 pm

Stephen wrote:I hope more accordion makers and luthiers will produce small CBAs.

Russian factory AKKO made 2 prototypes for a stand up comedian, they are 3 kg.

Very practical accordions for gigs.
That is of course very light, but I would never trust the weight specified by any company.

I have had several Bugari accordions, all about 1kg heavier than specified, and I now also have an AKKO that is about 1kg heavier than specified (not including straps!).
Understating weight by about 1kg seems to be "industry standard".
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl

Stephen
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Very light but not impossible.
Has been done by Hohner Imperial models and by Koch in Germany.

The AKKO Lescha children model is adverted on the official Russian website as being 3,2 kg. It has 34 notes 1 voice. The 70 basses are 2 voices.

The prototypes for stand up comedian Gennady Vetrov are smaller in size than the Lesha model. A while ago I posted links to the YT videos (the yellow and blue mini bayans, nicknamed in Russian as bayan mikro)
The blue one was 2 voiced tremolo tuning, an ideal busker instrument.

What better advert or propaganda for accordions as street musicians at festive events.