The 2nd Southern England Chromatic Button Accordion Rally
Sunday 8 April 2018
For more details Click Here

Konig & Meyer Accordion Stand or similar

Looking for your first accordion? Upgrading?
Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Konig & Meyer Accordion Stand or similar

Post by Soulsaver » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:08 am

It's not that it won't hold it firmly, it will.

But it is very top heavy when you have a big accordion in it and the physics say it wouldn't be too difficult to knock it over, especially if there's tripping hazards like cable and mic stands etc.

It's great for home use where it can be either left assembled but out of the way. Or you unhitch the accordion when you've finished but I wouldn't leave my accordion held in one in a public place if I'm not sat at it.

Have you ever seen one used in public?
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Geronimo
Star
Star

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:30 am

Soulsaver wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:08 am
It's not that it won't hold it firmly, it will.

But it is very top heavy when you have a big accordion in it and the physics say it wouldn't be too difficult to knock it over, especially if there's tripping hazards like cable and mic stands etc.

It's great for home use where it can be either left assembled but out of the way. Or you unhitch the accordion when you've finished but I wouldn't leave my accordion held in one in a public place if I'm not sat at it.

Have you ever seen one used in public?
Even two:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPlBRrx_Df8[/media]
That does not look like it would be overly tipsy. It has the look of something bolted to the floor, even while at least one of the players appears like he's paid per mile.

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:08 am

Good that at least it looks OK.
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

CJMusic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by CJMusic » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:52 am

Even two:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPlBRrx_Df8[/media]
That does not look like it would be overly tipsy. It has the look of something bolted to the floor, even while at least one of the players appears like he's paid per mile.
[/quote]

I'm glad this thread is still going.
Thanks for the video find! Those look like the first version with a "microphone"-type 3 legged base. The new ones (? - I don't know when the newer version was released) has four legs, which should make it even more sturdy, I would think.