Must see video

Any non accordion related chat & banter in here, but try and avoid religion and politics!
Happy girl
Star
Star

Must see video

Post by Happy girl » Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 am

hais1273
Star
Star

Re: Must see video

Post by hais1273 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:30 am

It seems to me be that stupidity is an international affliction. Good job the animals weren't hungry.

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Geronimo » Sun May 13, 2018 8:39 am

hais1273 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:30 am
It seems to me be that stupidity is an international affliction. Good job the animals weren't hungry.
I've seen a photograph of a cute little blue-ringed octopus held on a tourist hand, and there were several comments by Australians that the guy was lucky that the octopus apparently was in a nice mood.

No counterpoison is available, and there'd not be time for it anyway.

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:52 am

Saw a lady in Gibraltar feeding the baboons (actually Barbary macaques) with some nuts out of a small packet she carried in her rucksack. Somebody told her to stop feeding them so she did, and put the packet back into the rucksack.

Next thing was a baboon knocked her off balance, wrenched the rucksack off her, found the packet of nuts, and threw the rucksack containing her camera, passport, and other personal effects over the side of the rock into oblivion. She escaped with minor bites and scratches.

There are signs with letters a foot high in various different languges telling people not to feed the baboons. I wonder why they bother putting them up, as I saw countless other people feeding them. A man with a babe in arms even went up to one and shook hands with it.

It's obvious that the baboons are well used to interacting with humans despite the signs. I therefore suggested to one of the staff that they should put a sign up telling the baboons not to throw rucksacks off the side of the rock, and see if it would have the same effect on them as the ones they put up for humans. The look I got was priceless!

Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Sun May 13, 2018 10:40 pm

I like to see interaction between humans & animals .................. the animals do it so well.

jozz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by jozz » Fri May 18, 2018 10:21 am

Shout out for my hometown, finally we are world famous!