For the modern ones among us.
torch
Novice
Novice

Re: Songbook+, Roland FR4x and IPad

Post by torch » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:55 am

Keymn wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:21 am
Like that battery pack recommendation for the USB.
I too need my midi port for midijet or midi cable to control arranger.

Looking at the Beat Buddy
https://singularsound.com/
It has midi in/out for Mi.1 or the Md-bt01 for remote drum beat selection like an arranger. I think this can be programmed for songbook+ to change rhythms and tempo.
This pedal maybe all we need for dance hall performances. Do we need more?
As long as your IOS device is connected to the 4x through the Yamaha USB Bluetooth, midi out can be routed from the IOS to your BK7m or any other midi module by using a MIDI interface. A $5.00 USB midi interface will do it. This is not the only way, but I am saying we do have this option.

Yes, I have seen the Beat Buddy before.

Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Keymn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks for the info...
I do not have a BK7m, received this info on Bank prg changes on VAccordion and arranger by selecting a song on Songbook+ app.

'To control the BK-7m at the same time, you will need to configure additional BankSelectMSB+BankSelectLSB+ProgramChange but on another MIDI channel and the BK-7m should then listen on that other MIDI channel. (SongBook sends the configured MIDI commands to all connected MIDI devices.)
To add these additional BankSelectMSB+BankSelectLSB+ProgramChange commands press the button "Actions on Open" and then add the midi commands with the plus button. There is no specific BankSelect command, but since BankSelect MSB is a ControlChange 0 and BankSelect LSB is a ControlChange 32 you can use the "MIDI control change" command for that. In "Actions on Open" you can individually select a MIDI channel for each MIDI command.'

Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Keymn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:50 pm

JerryPH wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:05 am
Very impressive! For live performers, this is a big time saver!

Now let's let imagination go one step further and ask... can it configure a Roland BK-7m at the same time? If yes, being able to just chose a song and the rhythm, tempo, initial instruments, your V-Accordion settings all get activated from the selection of a song on an iPad... that would be almost a must-have for any live performer of this genre!!
Baum software added additional information on what you imagined. I do not own a BK7m.
Songbook plus I believe is free to try, limited to 15 songs, I think?
https://baumsoftware.freshdesk.com/en/s ... 7000051000

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Wow, pretty amazing. Well, this is going to have to be yet another project to add in the future.

Thanks for posting, this is just incredible!
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Keymn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm

JerryPH wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 pm
Wow, pretty amazing. Well, this is going to have to be yet another project to add in the future.

Thanks for posting, this is just incredible!
I do not think I need this on my FR4x, only 98 programs. But 1400 on FR8X! Hard to remember? Probably more important on BK7m. Imagine, never have to touch or look at BK7m! Songbook+ does it for you.
There is nothing wrong with sheet music books. But in the past 3-4 years I accumulated 2600 songs in IPad! Hours, hours, hours! I do not play many regularly, but handy if request. Keep me posted if anyone tried this application on both units. Thanks for your input.

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Keymn wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm
I do not think I need this on my FR4x, only 98 programs. But 1400 on FR8X! Hard to remember? Probably more important on BK7m. Imagine, never have to touch or look at BK7m! Songbook+ does it for you.
... and add 1400 at a time as many times over as you want on a USB stick, that number becomes practically unlimited, which is ridiculous... lol

What that does permit is not programming for groups of sings, but creating custom programming on a per song basis, making each song unique and making hearing the same sounds out of a V-Accordion over the course of an evening near impossible, should one wish to.
Keymn wrote:
There is nothing wrong with sheet music books. But in the past 3-4 years I accumulated 2600 songs in IPad! Hours, hours, hours! I do not play many regularly, but handy if request. Keep me posted if anyone tried this application on both units.
I can acknowledge that digital media is the way of the future. The days of carrying heavy binders/books of music that deteriorate or fade over the years is gone, and it is a lot easier on the ecology too. iPads are reliable enough to make it a very viable technology. I have an old iPad (1 or 2, cannot even recall), that I bought new about 10 or more years ago, and it still works very well today, even the 12 hour rated battery is good for 11+ hours after all this time. I'd really prefer a larger iPad Pro 2 for this application because it is a lot easier to read (almost normal full page size) and it has a greater storage capacity.

It's in the works. :)
Keymn wrote:
Keep me posted if anyone tried this application on both units...
Yes please. If anyone does this sooner than I do, please post it right here, I'd appreciate hearing/seeing it in action.

Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Keymn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:52 am

JerryPH wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:51 pm
Keymn wrote:
... and add 1400 at a time as many times over as you want on a USB stick, that number becomes practically unlimited, which is ridiculous... lol

What that does permit is not programming for groups of sings, but creating custom programming on a per song basis, making each song unique and making hearing the same sounds out of a V-Accordion over the course of an evening near impossible, should one wish to.
Keymn wrote:
There is nothing wrong with sheet music books. But in the past 3-4 years I accumulated 2600 songs in IPad! Hours, hours, hours! I do not play many regularly, but handy if request. Keep me posted if anyone tried this application on both units.
I can acknowledge that digital media is the way of the future. The days of carrying heavy binders/books of music that deteriorate or fade over the years is gone, and it is a lot easier on the ecology too. iPads are reliable enough to make it a very viable technology. I have an old iPad (1 or 2, cannot even recall), that I bought new about 10 or more years ago, and it still works very well today, even the 12 hour rated battery is good for 11+ hours after all this time. I'd really prefer a larger iPad Pro 2 for this application because it is a lot easier to read (almost normal full page size) and it has a greater storage capacity.

It's in the works. :)
Keymn wrote:
Keep me posted if anyone tried this application on both units...
Yes please. If anyone does this sooner than I do, please post it right here, I'd appreciate hearing/seeing it in action.
Another item to add to Songbook+, ----after you open song, have the ability to move the registers up and down on the accordion using a Bluetooth pedal. I will ask them if this is possible? Irig Blueboard may be good for this, couple buttons programmed to do this...other buttons (which now is possible), turn page, next song, etc.

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Keymn wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:52 am
Another item to add to Songbook+, ----after you open song, have the ability to move the registers up and down on the accordion using a Bluetooth pedal. I will ask them if this is possible? Irig Blueboard may be good for this, couple buttons programmed to do this...other buttons (which now is possible), turn page, next song, etc.
I agree, you should contact the company and ask... and good thinking!

Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Keymn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 pm

JerryPH wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Keymn wrote:
No luck on this, can not find anything on accepting Bank up/down control messages.

Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Keymn » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:43 am

Keymn wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 pm
JerryPH wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Keymn wrote:
No luck on this, can not find anything on accepting Bank up/down control messages.
Jerry, can this Be programmed on the chin switch on your FR8X? Register up/down,...?