Bugari Evo; The Looks & the Brain

For the modern ones among us.
Keymn
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bugari Evo; The Looks & the Brain

Post by Keymn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 pm

I though there were rubber contacts below the keys. After touch on a keyboard is accomplished by two sets of contacts under each key, slightly offset. I am not in position to take apart my 4x but had a problem with a note on my Korg. Was able to see the contacts...
8x does something different?
Larry Roberts Entertainment
http://www.larryrobertsent.com

kep
Novice
Novice

Post by kep » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Keymn wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 pm
I hear about bellows motors? I would be curious what that looked like.? Sounds complicated electro/mechanics? Why was that thought of first over the acoustic keyboard layout. Is his only in 8x? What about 4x?
The motor imitates the acoustic bellows behavior making bellows move faster when more keys/buttons are pressed (more holes - faster move). Only FR-8X has it.

kep
Novice
Novice

Post by kep » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Alan Sharkis wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:00 pm
If you go to a Bugari EVO, you lose velocity-sensitivity. The organ, orchestral, and left-hand sounds will still work, but changing their volume via touch has been ruled out.

Alan Sharkis
That's not quite correct, the Bugari EVO do have velocity. What not present is aftertouch on piano models: it's done the same way as on FR-8XB, by pressing the palm switch.

Keymn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Keymn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm

kep wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 pm
Keymn wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 pm
I hear about bellows motors? I would be curious what that looked like.? Sounds complicated electro/mechanics? Why was that thought of first over the acoustic keyboard layout. Is his only in 8x? What about 4x?
The motor imitates the acoustic bellows behavior making bellows move faster when more keys/buttons are pressed (more holes - faster move). Only FR-8X has it.
Glad it is not on 4x or...? must be an expensive fix if something goes wrong...the mechanical valve makes more sense...

Keymn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Keymn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 pm

kep wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:06 pm
Alan Sharkis wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:00 pm
If you go to a Bugari EVO, you lose velocity-sensitivity. The organ, orchestral, and left-hand sounds will still work, but changing their volume via touch has been ruled out.

Alan Sharkis
That's not quite correct, the Bugari EVO do have velocity. What not present is aftertouch on piano models: it's done the same way as on FR-8XB, by pressing the palm switch.
I would like to see the aftertouch demo with palm switch. Is it as effective or easy to apply as on a key depression?

kep
Novice
Novice

Post by kep » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 am

Keymn wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 pm
I would like to see the aftertouch demo with palm switch. Is it as effective or easy to apply as on a key depression?
It's different. Palm switch is easier to use than key aftertouch, but it applies to all keys, not individually.

Keymn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Keymn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:48 pm

kep wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 am
Keymn wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 pm
It's different. Palm switch is easier to use than key aftertouch, but it applies to all keys, not individually.
To me, One of the most important feel for aftertouch is with the baratone sax sound. Like on Bruce Springsteen sax player, to create that extra growl when you blow harder. To do it with the palm switch must be different training. I do not think there is room to add that extra row of aftertouch contacts on the accordion key bed?

kep
Novice
Novice

Post by kep » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Keymn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:48 pm
To me, One of the most important feel for aftertouch is with the baratone sax sound. Like on Bruce Springsteen sax player, to create that extra growl when you blow harder. To do it with the palm switch must be different training. I do not think there is room to add that extra row of aftertouch contacts on the accordion key bed?
I was implemented without extra contacts in Roland, but this is a function of a standard electronic keyboard. Bugari's different. It's an adaptation of an acoustic keyboard, keys are held not at the rear end but in the middle, hence the design is different altogether.