Why so long to get a Roland?

For the modern ones among us.
Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Why so long to get a Roland?

Post by Keymn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:01 pm

I had an account with Sweetwater, 4 years, no interest, the only way I can afford. Dale Mathis recently mentioned he has a couple on order. Did not check with Roxy's. When I ordered mine in February, sales mentioned ther last order took about 30 days. But that was end of 2016.
I ordered a red one. Music Magic too may have had them? But never dealt with them before. Checked with Roland last week. Said Nothing at this time shipped in US (maybe busy with the rumored FR8x upgrade). Gave No specific reason why? Just said, they are making them. Online music store in Germany appears to have a new shipment in stock. Showed available, ready for shipment. Even a Red one.
I still have my FR7 though, and seeing lately the Dale Mathis videoes on FR4x inspired me to program better my existing FR7. Wondering why I never programmed my sets before? This has been a plus.

Not in a bind to receive this. Oh well, should have it half paid for by the time it reaches me $$$. Never experienced this kind of wait before. Maybe the fr5x will be out by then. :lol:

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:42 am

Shoot... you are PAYING for something you don't have??? Seriously, I would have demanded my money back and told them to call you when they had it in stock! Someone is making money off you for something promised and never delivered. Friends don't do that to friends. :|
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JIM D. » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 am

Hi Mitchnc;

Where are you located ?? Roland Dealers (that offer support and service) always have a model in stock or can deliver in 2 weeks. Such as -- https://www.falcettimusic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA (USA)

Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Keymn » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:14 am

I miss those good ole days...buy a musical instrument, go to the store and buy what you need. That was in Milwaukee , Wisconsin. Here in South Florida, music stores that sells an accordion, nowhere. I would not think Sweet Water music is ripping me off. They even contacted Roland direct getting the same answer I received. They are reputable company. I buy from them because of my credit line, no interest, 3-4 years. I agree, the accordion stores in USA would be a better choice.
I will wait a couple more weeks since I am not in desperate need. Just get it before a new upgrade model comes out! :roll:

mitchnc
Improver
Improver

Post by mitchnc » Fri May 19, 2017 9:13 pm

I'm in Charlotte, NC.

At the time I contacted Roxy's and several other reputable US accordion shops.
They all told me the same thing: They didn't know when or even if they would ever see another 1x.

So I purchased from Gear4Music in the UK and have been very happy with it.
I don't have an AC converter but I just use batteries anyway.

I've started working on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0PU8OgsU_4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should be pretty epic to do on a CBA.

Keymn
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Keymn » Sat May 20, 2017 9:16 am

I finally received my Red FR4x last week. It took 12 weeks to receive. Lots of editing for my liking. Especially, the EQ. The default is somewhat ok, but required some tweaking. I was surprised at the volume of the built in speakers, better then expected.
I videoed this direct from my iPad at an outdoor event.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGoPTfonmFU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mitchnc
Improver
Improver

Post by mitchnc » Sat May 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Keymn wrote:I finally received my Red FR4x last week. It took 12 weeks to receive. Lots of editing for my liking. Especially, the EQ. The default is somewhat ok, but required some tweaking. I was surprised at the volume of the built in speakers, better then expected.
I videoed this direct from my iPad at an outdoor event.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGoPTfonmFU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have to admit, I get a kick out of the "valve" and bass mechanism sounds.