Sound Expantion

For the modern ones among us.
JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Sound Expantion

Post by JerryPH » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:39 pm

PAE61775 wrote:I've also tried to download the Dallape set from the Roland web page. Loaded onto a USB stick, and totally ignored by the Roland. If anyone can advise me on the procedure, I'd be very grateful.
Phillip, did you read and follow the instructions of the included PDF file?

From page 11 of the PDF file:

TO LOAD SOUND SET PROCEED AS FOLLOWS
1. Copy the expansion files downloaded from RCP into a USB memory.
2. Insert the USB memory into the USB port.

TO LOAD THE SOUND SET
1. Press and hold down the [SET] register.
2. Use [◄ PARAM LIST ►] to select “Snd” (Sound).
3. Use [◄ VALUE ►] to select the sound file “002”.
4. Press [ENTER] to confirm your selection.
5. Use [◄ VALUE ►] to select the desired target memory area (1 or 2).
6. Press [ENTER] to load the selected sound file.
7. The display shows “lod” (Load) to indicate that the data is being loaded (this may take 1.5
minutes).
8. Next, the “don” (Done) message appears to signal that the file was loaded successfully.
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

PAE61775
Beginner
Beginner

Post by PAE61775 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi Jerry,
Many thanks for taking the trouble to offer your advice. How useful it is . Hands Up! i did not follow all the steps, and I certainly will follow your protocol. I've found some of the settings in the Roland difficult to fathom. I suspect that the people who made the accordion did not read the manual first, so the two don't always seem to harmonise :-)

I'm also confused by the Roland web page that writes about "upgrades", but is not clear about the version the upgrade is referring too.
And finally (sorry to sound greedy) do you happen to know if version 2.1 of the FR8X includes the Dallape Sounds or not?
Maybe I should invite Alicia over for a chat and a cup of tea :-)

Thanks again
Phillip

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:27 pm

PAE61775 wrote:I suspect that the people who made the accordion did not read the manual first, so the two don't always seem to harmonise :-)
I'll have to agree with you, their documentation skills are not the best, however a lot of people are saying that the documentation for the 4X is a lot better.
PAE61775 wrote:I'm also confused by the Roland web page that writes about "upgrades", but is not clear about the version the upgrade is referring too.
They are not all that clear in many of their writings, that is true.
PAE61775 wrote:And finally (sorry to sound greedy) do you happen to know if version 2.1 of the FR8X includes the Dallape Sounds or not?
Maybe I should invite Alicia over for a chat and a cup of tea :-)
What you are likely referring to is the firmware, of which the latest version is v.2.01, I believe and this has nothing to do with expansions.

The FR-8X does not come with any expansions unless the dealer where you bought it from installs them for you (and likely if you asked, they would do that for you), I had to install all 4 myself. It's ok, though, as it is not hard, all you do is follow the steps as they are written down in the included PDF files. Doing all 4 took me a long 10 minutes as I was reading off each step slowly. Read the instructions, follow the steps and 10 minutes later "Bob is your uncle". :)

Your biggest problem then is finding the time to listen to each individual sound... and then combining them to make your own custom sets, if you wish. {}

BTW, if you know Alicia Baker, yeah for sure get her over and start demonstrating for you! There is no faster way than having a pro at your disposal answering your questions real time... I wish I could do that, however, I am normally pretty good at figuring things out, it just takes me some time... but I get there eventually.
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com