For more detail Click Here

FR-4xb buttons?

For the modern ones among us.
Seisiuneer
Improver
Improver

FR-4xb buttons?

Post by Seisiuneer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:18 am

Quick question, are the FR-4xb treble buttons and action like the FR-3xb or more like the FR-8xb?

I have a FR-3xb and had a chance to try out an FR-8xb last weekend. While I wasn't impressed with the additional 11 lbs of the FR-8xb over the FR-3xb, I did like the action quite a bit.

My guess is that the FR-4xb is pretty much a FR-3xb with new electronics and not much else, but if the action is like the FR-8xb, I might have to consider an upgrade in the future!

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: FR-4xb buttons?

Post by JerryPH » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:53 am

I heard that the 4x is more a small brother to the 8x than just an upgrade to the 3x (which of course it is). Many people are just now starting to drop their 3x in favor of the 4x. I expect 3x prices to start to drop some time soon now thanks to the people that have already moved up to the 4x and are selling off their 3x's
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Seisiuneer
Improver
Improver

Re: FR-4xb buttons?

Post by Seisiuneer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:28 am

If it's primarily bringing the additional orchestral sounds and sound overlay/looping features over from the FR-8xb to the FR-3xb chassis, I'm not interested as I'm only using the instrument as an accordion.

If they improved the action and had the dynamic bellows behavior like the FR-8xb, I'm very interested.