For more detail Click Here

New Triangle sound modules by V3 Sound

For the modern ones among us.
torch
Improver
Improver

New Triangle sound modules by V3 Sound

Post by torch » Fri May 19, 2017 5:26 am

There are some new Triangle sound modules comg out from V3 Sound a company in Austria that used to supply sounds to Limex, Gwerder, and now Yamaha. There's one model that would make a great companison to any midi accordion. It's called Bass and More.

"A UNIQUE SOUND MACHINE FOR BASS AND ACCOMPANIMENT SOUNDS
PARAMETER - AUTO OCTAVE TRANSPOSE | MIDI ACCORDION
You will find each sound twice in the sound list:
Once in its standard GM version and once in its AUTO OCTAVE TRANSPOSE version. Automatic octave transposition means that in whatever octave your MIDI system playing, the instrument you selected will always play in its perfect octave range.

Examples: The E-bass always plays in the E range (lowest note) – up to F; the tuba between C-H; the Grand Piano between G1-F#2

These parameters are specially designed for using the sound expander with a MIDI accordion."

http://www.v3sound.com/2016/en/product- ... rview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18ku1QP ... NwjYFt8DjN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RHmusic
Beginner
Beginner

Re: New Triangle sound modules by V3 Sound

Post by RHmusic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:57 pm

I am the uk distributor for v3 sound and would like to correct your post.

V3 sound have never supplied sounds to Gwerder. !!

V3 have a great reputation in sound design and do not want to be associated with Gwerder.

New triangle modules are will be available soon

www.royhendriemusic.co.uk

torch
Improver
Improver

Post by torch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 am

I heard directly from the manufactuer V3 Sound. I have a V3 sound Desktop arranger. I even purchased Alpine Vokmusik VST by V 3 Sound. https://www.bestservice.de/en/alpine_volksmusik.html

I will buy V3 products any day, but not Gweder. It is overpriced.

Keymn
Improver
Improver

Post by Keymn » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:23 pm

torch wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 am
I heard directly from the manufactuer V3 Sound. I have a V3 sound Desktop arranger. I even purchased Alpine Vokmusik VST by V 3 Sound. https://www.bestservice.de/en/alpine_volksmusik.html

I will buy V3 products any day, but not Gweder. It is overpriced.
I like the V3 specs too. Although, I need the USB port, computer/host connection.

torch
Improver
Improver

Post by torch » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 pm

The Triangle sound module by V3 Sound does have a USB host (their Desktop arranger doesn't), it seems as in the attached picture. Actually I am surprised that it has a USB host port instead of a USB device port. I guess that means you can run a USB cable from your USB equipped Roland V accordion to the Triangle. I have not verified it, though. Nonetheless, it seems that the Triangle will make a great companion to any MIDI accordion setup.

Well, it dawned me that the USB port might be for a USB memory stick to play mp3 files.
Attachments
pic01triangle-white-backside.jpg

Keymn
Improver
Improver

Post by Keymn » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:34 am

torch wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 pm
The Triangle sound module by V3 Sound does have a USB host (their Desktop arranger doesn't), it seems as in the attached picture. Actually I am surprised that it has a USB host port instead of a USB device port. I guess that means you can run a USB cable from your USB equipped Roland V accordion to the Triangle. I have not verified it, though. Nonetheless, it seems that the Triangle will make a great companion to any MIDI accordion setup.

Well, it dawned me that the USB port might be for a USB memory stick to play mp3 files.
I emailed support last week. They said no, which is kind of strange? Isn't this newer then the BK7m?

torch
Improver
Improver

Post by torch » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:53 am

Keymn wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:34 am
I emailed support last week. They said no, which is kind of strange? Isn't this newer then the BK7m?
I think the Desktop arranger came out just before the BK7m, and the Triangle sound module is new. Probably the manufacturer thought both MIDI devices specifically geared for midi accordion do not need a USB port to interface with PC. I have a Ketron SD sound module, which I use sometimes with vArranger. The USB connection on the Ketron is buggy. It will choke up and freeze. So I use the midi connection, and it doesn't freeze when connected through the midi jack.

Keymn
Improver
Improver

Post by Keymn » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:28 am

torch wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:53 am
Keymn wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:34 am
I think the Desktop arranger came out just before the BK7m, and the Triangle sound module is new. Probably the manufacturer thought both MIDI devices specifically geared for midi accordion do not need a USB port to interface with PC. I have a Ketron SD sound module, which I use sometimes with vArranger. The USB connection on the Ketron is buggy. It will choke up and freeze. So I use the midi connection, and it doesn't freeze when connected through the midi jack.
My needs are different. I need this port for iPad connection. I use the Yamaha Ud-bt01 as mentioned in my Songbook+ Posts. Need midi in to connect accordion.

torch
Improver
Improver

Post by torch » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Keymn wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:28 am
My needs are different. I need this port for iPad connection. I use the Yamaha Ud-bt01 as mentioned in my Songbook+ Posts. Need midi in to connect accordion.
Probably I'll get the UD-BT01 myself to send midi out from my 4x, and use the 4x midi in to control functions from a foot pedal.

By the way, can't you use an inexpensive midi interface with your IOS device so that you can send out midi messages from Songbook + to any midi module with the 5 din midi in?

Keymn
Improver
Improver

Post by Keymn » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:09 am

torch wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:43 pm
Keymn wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:28 am
Probably I'll get the UD-BT01 myself to send midi out from my 4x, and use the 4x midi in to control functions from a foot pedal.
I do not have a foot pedal for fr4x. I connect my UD to my Korg arranger computer host port only to receive bank/program controls from Songbook+. Need midi out on 4x to control arranger style chords. Use the UD to send out midi messages? Beyond my expertise....

By the way, can't you use an inexpensive midi interface with your IOS device so that you can send out midi messages from Songbook + to any midi module with the 5 din midi in?
With my experience,
Connecting anything to the Lightning port on the IPad like a comera kit and a USB to midi interface is very fragile. You have all that weight on this port. Any slight movement or disconnect while you are transmitting or receiving midi could Cause problems. UD-Bt01, nothing connected to iPad. You still have the lightning port free for charging.