Accordion Repair Course

Know of a good gig? Want to promote your club meetings? Let the rest of us know here.
Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Accordion Repair Course

Post by Soulsaver » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 pm

JerryPH wrote:Thank-you for sharing!
Me, I'd be very interested if I was at least on the same side of the pond. Too bad they don't do something similar like this in the USA or Canada, I might be pretty easily convinced to attend such a course as I know this interests me. :)
Maybe a business opportunity for someone.... ?
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

nagant27
Star
Star

Post by nagant27 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Wout: that sounds really interesting. Definitely post as to what you learn and see. Someday I'd like to visit there as well, and see where it all happened!!

geoff45789
Superstar
Superstar

Post by geoff45789 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:25 pm

I attended the course last Thursday/Friday in Teddington. Extremely informative and relaxed & friendly. I brought along 3 accordions, all of which were used to demonstrate various aspects of repair. There was opportunity to practice changing valves, waxing and tuning. The attendees ranged from beginners to professional musicians. I was fortunate to meet Karen Tweed, one of the authors of the beginner's book I'm using. A meal at an Italian restaurant was arranged for the Thursday evening where we were permitted to play and were entertained by Henryk Lenartowski & Barry Graham, two of the course participants. I highly recommend the course. I think Peter is considering running another one in March dependent on demand.

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:10 am

Be good if he could run one in the North or Midlands.

Or maybe Rob at the Birmingham Accordion Centre would consider something similar? Or maybe he wouldn't as he does repairs..
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

henryk753
Beginner
Beginner

Post by henryk753 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:04 am

Thanks Geoff,I to found it interesting. If any forum members are really interested then it's up to them to make an effort.We had people from Northern Ireland there and long distances in England as well. So if you are not interested in putting yourselves out it is your loss and no one else.

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:44 am

henryk753 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:04 am
Thanks Geoff,I to found it interesting. If any forum members are really interested then it's up to them to make an effort.We had people from Northern Ireland there and long distances in England as well. So if you are not interested in putting yourselves out it is your loss and no one else.
Some members here are living on a pension. They wish to repair their accordion to avoid the cost of professional repairs and to continue an inexpensive hobby. Now if they have to travel from, say, Scotland to the south coast, it won't be lack of interest that stops them.

"We had?" Is it your course? You won't have won a popularity contest on here with those comments.

b]

losthobos
Superstar
Superstar

Post by losthobos » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:00 am

I'm interested in the next course if there is one...
Also I'm going to hazard a guess that Peters first language and culture ate not English so hopefully what appears a harsh and dismissive statement has only occurred as something has been lost or misplaced in translation...peace
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...

bocsa
Star
Star

Post by bocsa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:11 am

From the original post:
contact Peter Le Geyt of PLG Marketing Associates – Tel: 020 8977 6680 or email: plg@plgmarketing.com

I have no association with the organiser or Paul Flannery.

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:53 am

losthobos wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:00 am
I'm interested in the next course if there is one...
Also I'm going to hazard a guess that Peters first language and culture ate not English so hopefully what appears a harsh and dismissive statement has only occurred as something has been lost or misplaced in translation...peace
You seem to know more than what's immediately apparent. Are you saying Peter is Henryk? Or they are somehow connected?

b]

losthobos
Superstar
Superstar

Post by losthobos » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:39 am

I've no idea really...just like life better if everyone can get on...perhaps give the benefit of doubt more often than I should...
But Peter surname nor henryk seem particularly english to me
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...