Wigan Central.

Know of a good gig? Want to promote your club meetings? Let the rest of us know here.
Stephen Hawkins
Superstar
Superstar

Wigan Central.

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 am

Another opportunity to see Jon Brindley wielding his Bugari.

On Sunday *22nd of October* (edited), starting at 14.30 hrs, Jon Brindley will be performing at "Wigan Central." Jon mentioned this to me a few weeks ago, but my imperfect memory has allowed the fact to slip away, until now.

Wigan Central is situated in the old railway arches in Queen Street, Wigan. On road parking is available in the side streets off Queen Street, and there is also a large car park on the other side of the railway bridge. (to which the arches are adjacent)

The London to Glasgow Express passes directly over the venue regularly, but it is very soon on its way. This is no impediment to the fun and laughter, just as long as you hold your glasses steady.

Why not come along? ............ it will be a blast.

Anyone requiring further details or refined directions should contact me via PM.

*edit* The date of 8th October was incorrect, though both Wigan Central and Jon Brindley's websites showed that date. Jon rang me this afternoon to confirm the 22nd of October as being the correct date.

Stephen Hawkins
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Wigan Central.

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 am

Please do not worry about the date for this event. It is definitely the 22nd of October, even though the Wigan Central website shows another date. Jon is currently in the process of amending his own website, and he has asked Wigan Central to do the same.

Anyone who has not seen Jon Brindley perform is missing a treat. His Dad was a fantastic accordionist, and Jon was brought up with the instrument from a very early age.

Stephen.