No1 Ladies Accordion Orchestra

Know of a good gig? Want to promote your club meetings? Let the rest of us know here.
saltarelle2
Novice
Novice

No1 Ladies Accordion Orchestra

Post by saltarelle2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:23 pm

The No1 Ladies Accordion Orchestra are out and about again and will be appearing at the Nordic Church and Cultural Centre, 138 Park Road, Liverpool L1 8HG this coming Sunday, the 15th October. The concert starts at 2.30pm and doors open at 2pm. Not to be missed! A group of 12 lovely lady accordionists who love their instruments with a passion, playing a wide variety of music, from film music to Klezmer and everything in between. A chance to meet up and talk with them in the interval, maybe try out an accordion or two and, of course, the famous selection of homemade cakes and teas that are always on offer. Please come and say hello!

wirralaccordion
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: No1 Ladies Accordion Orchestra

Post by wirralaccordion » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi Salterelle2/Annie,
As I am in the Wirral I was able to come to the concert this afternoon and am so glad that I did. The choice of music was fantastic and being spread across so many genres I am sure that there would have been something for everyone’s taste. For me, I particularly enjoyed the very first song, a Jewish song that I had never heard before and can’t remember the title of, but there was also Intermezzo in Blue, My way, Brubeck’s Dance, Rock around the clock, Yosel, Yosel and Choclo. The choice of venue was also ideal. Hope you can come back soon. Thank you.

saltarelle2
Novice
Novice

Post by saltarelle2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi Wirral Accordion (So sorry - I have forgotten your name)

Thank you so much for your kind words. We thoroughly enjoyed the concert - more so because you were such an enthusiastic and appreciative audience. It does make such a difference. And, although slightly scary, it was lovely to play for some other accordion players, as they know just how difficult it is!

We would certainly hope to be performing in Liverpool again, but I generally put all the No1 LAO concerts up on the Forum, so if you are anywhere near any of them we hope that you will join us again.

Best wishes,

Annie

Worldsend
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Worldsend » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Coming to village near me in November

Having endured. ( sorry enjoyed )many school concerts in the same hall I can't wait for the visit

I have emailed to book a ticket

saltarelle2
Novice
Novice

Post by saltarelle2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:00 am

Great - it will be lovely to meet you - do please come over and introduce yourself. And I hope the experience will be more enjoyment than enduring!