Ron Carter & Richard Galliano in Paris

Know of a good gig? Want to promote your club meetings? Let the rest of us know here.
reivilos92
Novice
Novice

Ron Carter & Richard Galliano in Paris

Post by reivilos92 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 pm

At La Seine Musicale on November 1st.
http://www.richardgalliano.com/tour/ric ... -carter-2/

La Seine Musicale is a new concert hall built on the Seine:

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

JeffJetton
Star
Star

Re: Ron Carter & Richard Galliano in Paris

Post by JeffJetton » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Wow! That should be a wonderful show.

Alas, a bit far for me to travel. :(

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:45 am

Beautiful building at night. Would love to go to a Galliano concert one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

reivilos92
Novice
Novice

Post by reivilos92 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Today was the day. I attended the concert along with a few hundred people. Fans, for sure. "Un public averti" as we may put it in French.
The concert hall is brand new, and still smells of wood. The seats are pretty comfortable - which is not that common in France.

I was told the playlist was that of 'An Evening With Ron Carter/Richard Galliano'. It started rather "brainy", then got relaxed after the solos. What I can say is both are accomplished players. Regarding the accordion, I think Galliano is good, really good, real'good. Playing looks effortless. Despite seating pretty close, I could not tell whether he was using the thumb or not.

His Victoria (at least the one he was using tonight) looked really nice :lol: :lol: :lol: and had a crystal clear sound.
One thing I did not noticed so far is that he changes register VERY OFTEN, even while holding a note. Yet, being an amateur player myself, I usually hear the register click.
Strangely, I think he got the most of the accordion while he was playing alone, otherwise he would not use the LH.

Three covers stood out (according to the applause): his Waltz for Nicky, New York tango and, I guess, a "personal" cover of Oblivion (maybe ? Sorry I was into the thing). The last one is probably the best accordion song I have ever heard, the kind of cover that makes you think "Yeah, I have picked a killer instrument, you piano players can't do that".

Well done.

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:49 am

Thanks for the concert report. Sounds like quite an intimate affair with a real chance to get close to the action. It’s a great feeling when you can project yourself onto the music being played. Indeed the piano can’t do that but don’t write it off as it can do other things the accordion can only dream of

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA