Lawrence Hoy & Pauline Blackburn.

Know of a good gig? Want to promote your club meetings? Let the rest of us know here.
Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Lawrence Hoy & Pauline Blackburn.

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 pm

You learn something every day, and today I have learned that Australia Day falls at the end of January. It appears that two people from Wigan were sentenced to transportation by local magistrates, and a local musician is marking this event by launching an album.

The launch will be staged at The Old Courts in Wigan, where Lawrence will be accompanied by the beautiful and extremely talented Pauline Blackburn. Entry is free, though a donation to the "Let's Do It For Joan" fund would be very much appreciated.

Joan Blackburn (Pauline's Mum) died last year, leaving a big hole in the local folk scene. Joan was a great lady and a kind friend, and all who knew her felt blessed for having known her. The Old Courts is a "not for profit" facility for local musicians and artists, and is run by and for local musicians.

Toward the end of her life, Joan suffered mobility problems. She loved meeting all her many friends at The Old Courts, but was unable to access the facility due to her condition. We have all decided to do whatever we can to improve disabled access, and have raised quite a bit of money to this end. I bought two very decent guitars and donated them to be raffled off, and others have also been generous.

I hope that anyone living within travelling distance of Wigan will come to this event. PM me if you need directions.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Lawrence Hoy & Pauline Blackburn.

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Not wishing to mislead anyone, the album mentioned above is actually a re-launch of an earlier album, not the launch of a new album as was suggested. I apologise for the confusion.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.