Greetings from France

Give us a clue - who, and where, are you?
Corsaire
Expert
Expert

Re: Greetings from France

Post by Corsaire » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Nice to see a Frenchie - enjoy the forum !

reivilos92
Novice
Novice

Post by reivilos92 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:47 am

Yes he is often impressive. Besides, he is blind...

So far, among the active visible pros in France I have noticed three that stand out at least in style not just skills:
- Macias

- Loeffler

- and last but not least Barboza

We also have Galliano but though he is obviously a great technician, I get bored when I listen to him.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

maugein96
Superstar
Superstar

Post by maugein96 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi and welcome,

I share your comments exactly about Galliano. He is one of those guys who is a little bit boring to listen to for long.

I like your Maugein Export. Do you have the one with the bassoon reed, or is it the version with two flutes?

I also have a Maugein, a Mini Sonora, but it was built for export to the UK, and the bass buttons are arranged in the international 4x2 instead of the usual French 3x3 arrangement. The tuning is "moderne", although I would have preferred "americain". It is very difficult to obtain French made accordions in the UK, although I also have a Cavagnolo Bal Musette. It is also a UK export model with 4x2 basses, and unfortunately the musette tuning is more like Scottish than French. I never started playing until I was over 30 years of age, and very rarely play these days. I had to teach myself and am not a very good player, but I still like to listen.

Marcel Loeffler is a great accordionist, although I never really got into playing the Manouche music. I'm a better guitarist than I am an accordionist, but the gypsy jazz guitar style is very difficult to learn.

I hope you find plenty of interesting topics on the forum, and keep playing!

P.S. I liked the clips. I remember when Domi Emorine was one of Maurice Larcange's pupils. She played a Maugein Export in the early years, even well into the time when she was a pro player. She plays well on that Gadji accordion. Unfortunately Barboza never gets a lot of media attention, and when I first heard of him he was playing brilliant stuff like this from his native Argentina:-