Hello accordionists

Give us a clue - who, and where, are you?
balkanharmonika24
Beginner
Beginner

Hello accordionists

Post by balkanharmonika24 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello fellow accordionists. I am a new member here on this forum. What interested me to join this forum is that I really want to learn how to play the accordion. It has a beautiful sound, and it seems like a instrument that requires much more skill to play. I really want to learn how to play all types of music, but especially balkan style music on the accordion as my ancestry comes from the balkans. I don't have an accordion, but I plan on getting one although I am not sure what I should get as a beginner. I hope at the end of the day I can learn how to play this wonderful instrument and share and discuss music on this forum. Thank you!

-Balkanharmonika24

Stephen
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Hello accordionists

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Welcome to all persons who want to start playing the accordion.
Accordions are an addiction...
Once started it usually is for life.
If you can play an accordion, it is a Joy for ever.

Beware, "the boy may leave the accordion, but the accordion will never leave the boy... "

Stephen Hawkins
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Hello accordionists

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Hello Balkanharmonica,

I seem to have missed your post until now.

It would help if you were to describe what facilities you have in your part of the world. For instance; are accordions readily available? Is there much of a tradition of accordion playing in your town/village? What type of accordions are the most common in your area?

Good Luck.