Thanks being accept

Give us a clue - who, and where, are you?
noel69
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks being accept

Post by noel69 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi Many thanks for accepting me to the accordion forum. I've played various accordion over the years and love playing. :b
I used to 'just play ' by ear but about 25 years ago started having lesson and reached grade 4, then found that my hearing is getting rather limited so ended my lessons because of not being able to continue to grade 5 because of hearing loss.
Can anyone help please. I've just printed off music score for Lord Lovat's Lament (from traditional Music site) which is a march and in A. only problem with this score is there's no chords but there is 'tabs'. The music note I can play but do not understand the tabs. Can anyone help please or please supply chord in A for this brilliant tune.

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Thanks being accept

Post by Geronimo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:54 pm

noel69 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:28 pm
Hi Many thanks for accepting me to the accordion forum. I've played various accordion over the years and love playing. :b
I used to 'just play ' by ear but about 25 years ago started having lesson and reached grade 4, then found that my hearing is getting rather limited so ended my lessons because of not being able to continue to grade 5 because of hearing loss.
Can anyone help please. I've just printed off music score for Lord Lovat's Lament (from traditional Music site) which is a march and in A. only problem with this score is there's no chords but there is 'tabs'. The music note I can play but do not understand the tabs. Can anyone help please or please supply chord in A for this brilliant tune.
When you have music notes combined with "tabs" you cannot understand, you are likely talking about "tablature" (for some completely unfathomable reason, quite a few people call "chord sheets" "tabs" even though they are nothing like tablature and would usually be reasonably comprehensible to accordion players). Tablature is a specific playing instruction primarily used for fretted string instruments like guitars. It is very likely that the information in the tab part of your score adds nothing musically to the information in the notes.

Of course, if you want to get any more qualified help, showing some excerpt of what you are actually talking about or providing some link would have greatly helped.

noel69
Beginner
Beginner

Post by noel69 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Is it possible to post a scanned copy of the sheet music score on here, if so, how do I do it.
I got the score from www.traditionalmusic.co.uk and the title was Lord Lovat's Lament March in A
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Geronimo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:06 pm

noel69 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:33 pm
Is it possible to post a scanned copy of the sheet music score on here, if so, how do I do it.
Not if it is copyrighted. Otherwise, use the image icon in the editor.
I got the score from www.traditionalmusic.co.uk and the title was Lord Lovat's Lament March in A
Hope this helps.
Not at all. The search function on that page does not turn anything like that up in the first page, and I am not going to hunt any more than that.

TomBR
Superstar
Superstar

Post by TomBR » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Is this the right one, it's in G here
http://abcnotation.com/tunePage?a=trill ... ament/0000

If you cut and paste the ABC text from that page to here
http://www.mandolintab.net/abcconverter.php
You can transpose the notes into A but you may have to do the chords manually.

noel69
Beginner
Beginner

Post by noel69 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:37 pm

I've it in G. It's in the key of A that I want, I've got the score but it's not got chords.

JeffJetton
Star
Star

Post by JeffJetton » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:03 am

noel69 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:37 pm
I've it in G. It's in the key of A that I want, I've got the score but it's not got chords.
Well couldn't you just write the chords from your G version, transposed up a whole step, onto your A version?

G = A
A = B
B = C#
C = D
D = E
E = F#
F# = G#

Stephen Hawkins
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Stephen Hawkins » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:27 am

Hello Noel,

A very warm welcome from a fellow Lancastrian.

I hope you get the information you are seeking.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

jozz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by jozz » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:11 am

you probably mean this sheet:
http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/scott ... lament.htm

and those are guitar tabs, (useless for your accordion), check out this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons ... _tabs.html