Maj7 chords, and playing the buttons 2-handed

Moderator: Glenn

HoorayHenry
Novice
Novice

Maj7 chords, and playing the buttons 2-handed

Post by HoorayHenry » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi everyone, just joined, recently bought my 48 bass piano accordion, not a complete beginner because I"ve played the piano for many years. Recently discovered the awkwardness of playing a nice Maj7 chord with the buttons ie with the 7th on top. Oddly enough it's quite easy to stretch it with your right hand. Suppose you want to play Cmaj7, it's easy enough to reach round with your right hand and create it with the C and Eminor buttons . This isn't nearly so easy with the left hand. Given the relative frequency of use, I'd swap the diminshed buttons for a row of Maj7 buttons, given the choice. Are there any piano accordions like that?

Obviously you're going to have to forget about the keyboard if your right hand plays the buttons. But I can't at the moment see any good reason why one shouldn't play the buttons with 2 hands, especially when playing with other musicians, when another instrument or voice can carry the melody line.

HH

Glenn

Re: Maj7 chords, and playing the buttons 2-handed

Post by Glenn » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Try the Hans Palm page for tips on how to do this better.

http://www.accordionpage.com/chcomb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

losthobos
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Maj7 chords, and playing the buttons 2-handed

Post by losthobos » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:41 am

Excellent article on chord combining, thankyou, made certain tunes simpler already...best explanation I've come across :tup:
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...