I can't identify this model

Discussions & info on specific accordions here.
songstress
Beginner
Beginner

I can't identify this model

Post by songstress » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 pm

Can anybody tell me what this model is. The attached plaque appears to be Russian.
Does it have any value?
Attachments
accordian open.jpg
accordian label.jpg
accordian full view.jpg

maugein96
Superstar
Superstar

Re: I can't identify this model

Post by maugein96 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Your "accordion" is actually a Garmon, made by the firm Vologodskiy, which I believe had premises in the town of Vologda in the Oblast Region of Russia, to the north of Moscow.

Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about Garmons, other than they are diatonic, and are usually resistant to the spillage of vodka over them.

Only reason I was able to assist you was that I was taught to read the Cyrillic script so that we could try and identify the names of Russian "merchant" ships which spied on us during the Cold War.

I was an airman in the British Royal Navy and worked for a while patrolling the Arctic Ocean on an aircraft carrier. Can't tell you any more otherwise I'd have to let James Bond know about this forum!

What's it worth? Haven't got a clue in either roubles or Canadian dollars, but I don't think it would be very much, unless you can find somebody who knows a bit about them, and could put a value on it.

EDIT;- Name of maker is as amended. I missed out the third "O" in the original conversion from Cyrillic script to Latin. The town is called "Vologda" as per the original post. The instrument is only likely to have a nominal value as a collectors' piece outside of Russia.

Here is what they sound like:-

songstress
Beginner
Beginner

Re: I can't identify this model

Post by songstress » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:30 pm

maugein96 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:37 pm
Your "accordion" is actually a Garmon, made by the firm Vologodskiy, which I believe had premises in the town of Vologda in the Oblast Region of Russia, to the north of Moscow.

Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about Garmons, other than they are diatonic, and are usually resistant to the spillage of vodka over them.

Only reason I was able to assist you was that I was taught to read the Cyrillic script so that we could try and identify the names of Russian "merchant" ships which spied on us during the Cold War.

I was an airman in the British Royal Navy and worked for a while patrolling the Arctic Ocean on an aircraft carrier. Can't tell you any more otherwise I'd have to let James Bond know about this forum!

What's it worth? Haven't got a clue in either roubles or Canadian dollars, but I don't think it would be very much, unless you can find somebody who knows a bit about them, and could put a value on it.

EDIT;- Name of maker is as amended. I missed out the third "O" in the original conversion from Cyrillic script to Latin. The town is called "Vologda" as per the original post. The instrument is only likely to have a nominal value as a collectors' piece outside of Russia.

Here is what they sound like:-

thanks for your help.