Chinese Manufactured Accordion Model List

Discussions & info on specific accordions here.
Glenn

Re: Chinese Manufactured Accordion Model List

Post by Glenn » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:02 pm

Why not make a link to the forum page then it will always be up to date?
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:17 am

Sonantti see viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=so" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &FORM=VIRE
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Bellini - one for the list?
Bellini china .jpg
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Studio

Post by Soulsaver » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:31 pm

Studio
Studio China.jpg

b]

artelagro
Star
Star

Post by artelagro » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi Soulsaver,
This list is now a fair length and most likely will keep growing which could make it cumbersome or confusing.
Can I suggest a different viewpoint which may help people to more easily identify a Chinese box.

The couplers (switches) - I have only seen two styles
The grille pattern - very few variations
The piano keys - Is it true they are all the same width?
The bellows straps
Bellows corners.
Others?
China is a big country with lots of accordion manufacturers. We say they are all the same but, as a rule, are the parts interchangeable? I see CGM are now stocking spares for Stephanelli but these look as if they could be more universal.

Garth

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Hi Garth - I appreciate your concern for my workload.. :)

And we've made the comment before about similarities in design that make most of the Chinese manufactured stuff recognisable to the experienced eye.

But there are exceptions in the list that are less easily recognised, for the slightly less experienced; and there is access to the list for not only the inexperienced amongst us inside, but outside of this forum, too.

I'm quite happy adding stuff as I find it and/or am informed. And it is always worth remembering that this list may not always reflect the latest iteration of Italian sounding Chinese instrument.

I know you're worried, but I'm not missing accordion practice while I keep this stuff updated.. :)

b]

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Gallini

Post by Soulsaver » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:21 pm

gallini.jpg
stepladders not included..

b]

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:17 pm

This has been discussed a couple or times before where someone thinks this is a Serenellini: It's a Serenelli... and is Chinese.
BUT Serellini were an Italian manufacturer in the 1960s before being swallowed up or going bust. AFAIK nothing to do with Serenellini, who are still an Italian maker as at today.

serenelli48.jpg

b]

lasvegascolonel
Expert
Expert

Re: Chinese Manufactured Accordion Models

Post by lasvegascolonel » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:36 am

Soulsaver wrote:I know little about Italian manufacturers producing selected models in China, for instance - so if that is a factor, I'll need to be informed for it to be included.
And if we have the knowledge about which Hohners are made in China, I'd rather include it, than imply the whole of the Hohner catalogue.. I believe the Bravo 48 is, but the 120 may not be. Or is it the whole Bravo range? And I believe with less certainty that the late model Concerto and Student was/is?
Yes, with certainty, the Bravo 120 is made in China. Mine had a few tuning issues out of the box, but Hohner USA in Virginia did an excellent job making minor adjustments and for the past three years has been flawless. There is a difference, I suspect, between Chinese companies making accordions in China, and German companies with German supervisors making accordions there on German equipment. The Bravo seems very high quality to me.

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Chinese Manufactured Accordion Models

Post by Soulsaver » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:16 am

lasvegascolonel wrote:
Soulsaver wrote:I know little about Italian manufacturers producing selected models in China, for instance - so if that is a factor, I'll need to be informed for it to be included.
And if we have the knowledge about which Hohners are made in China, I'd rather include it, than imply the whole of the Hohner catalogue.. I believe the Bravo 48 is, but the 120 may not be. Or is it the whole Bravo range? And I believe with less certainty that the late model Concerto and Student was/is?
Yes, with certainty, the Bravo 120 is made in China. Mine had a few tuning issues out of the box, but Hohner USA in Virginia did an excellent job making minor adjustments and for the past three years has been flawless. There is a difference, I suspect, between Chinese companies making accordions in China, and German companies with German supervisors making accordions there on German equipment. The Bravo seems very high quality to me.
Yep - at the time that comment was made (3 years ago) there was still some debate, but I believe, like you, the whole range below Morino is Chinese manufactured. And I can be easily convinced that Hohner's product quality is still superior to run-of-the-mill Chinese stuff.

I'm just not so sure the Atlantic is still being made but if it is it's likely in the east, too as the others are made in Italy.

b]

JIM D.
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JIM D. » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:59 pm

A new one for the list !
Appearing in the US dealers lately is another Fortune Cookie that has a new Badge -
"( E Soprani)"
Nothing new but a rebadged models of Chinese accordions the same as 99% of the names of this list. :tup:
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:48 am

Maybe slightly different to the usual, Jim, as it appears E Soprani in Italy have introduced a range of openly stated Chinese manufactured accordions, called 'Circus' here in the UK.
Here is a respected dealers advert and demo video:
http://www.theaccordionshop.co.uk/accor ... accordion/

The E. Soprani Circus Line 96 Bass Accordion is the largest size in a brand new model range of student accordions from the well respected E Soprani company, based in the Italian town of Castalfidardo. This new entry level series is designed in Italy, and are built in China.
This excellent value for money accordion would make an ideal first instrument to start learning to play on, or as a next step up, or even as a second accordion for traveling with etc.
This E. Soprani Circus Line 96 Bass Accordion features a two voice tremolo tuning and a powerful bass tone, making it ideal for most styles of playing. A wide range of colours are available, including red, black and blue.

b]

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Looks like the "Circus" has well and truly come to town with this one. That's a lot of box for not a lot of rocks!

Unfortunately there are a lot of "branded" used PAs out there, and this instrument might struggle to compete against a comparable used model.

It looks alright and sounds alright, and even if the quality might not be there, can anybody really complain at that price?

If it lasts somebody 5 years I reckon it will have paid for itself.