Possibly the biggest public accordion auction this decade, this week!

Talk about anything accordion related here
Dingo40
Novice
Novice

Possibly the biggest public accordion auction this decade, this week!

Post by Dingo40 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi All,
Check this out:

https://www.scammellauctions.com.au/auc ... nformation

Scammells Auctions, Adelaide South Australia are holding a public clearance sale of the remaining stock of one of Australia’s oldest and biggest accordion retailers, Ron Pierce Music (closed due to health issues).
The auction will be accessible online, along with the catalogue, and will take place on Tuesday 12/122017 South Australian time.

A once in a lifetime opportunity to bid for that item to fill that gap in your collection!😀
I’m in no way connected with this, but thought members here would appreciate knowing of it: I hope thatsOK?
I’ll be attending the viewing!🙂

Dingo40
Novice
Novice

Re: Possibly the biggest public accordion auction this decade, this week!

Post by Dingo40 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 am

I’ve now been and seen what’s on offer.
Two things:
As far as accordions go, with the exception of 3 or 4 items (such as a Hohner Morino, originally marked $25,000Aus), it appears that this week’s offerings may largely be from the second string, as many are the cheaper models and some will need repairs.
However: this is only the first leg of the sale, as space didn’t allow for the whole in one go!
After New Year, there will be an equally large line up, probably (my opinion only) of a higher quality (and price).
So watch this space!🙂

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Soulsaver » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Yep _ looked at the catalogue and initially I was pleased that nothing very special was in there... 'cos we (I for sure) couldn't buy from Aus without substantial transport risk & cost... so would need an outanout bargain to even consider it.

The other observation was the guides would look high in a UK auction - maybe because of weak ££?

Good to hear more interesting stuff to come.. even if it's just 'cos I'm nosey...
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

Geronimo
Novice
Novice

Post by Geronimo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Dingo40 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 am
As far as accordions go, with the exception of 3 or 4 items (such as a Hohner Morino, originally marked $25,000Aus),
That's an ambitious price.

Dingo40
Novice
Novice

Post by Dingo40 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 am

Re the Hohner Morino , the sales estimate was five or six thousand dollars.

I do find the sales strategy inexplicable.
Here we are before Christmas, you’d think the best time to put up your top shelf offers, while buyers are full of Christmas spirit and still have cash.
After Christmas, very few will have any spare cash for impulse buying of higher quality wares.
Don’t get it, myself😐