The Forum Is Changing
Hi folks. Shortly this forum will be migrating to different software and, in addition, we will also have a new website address. To migrate all the posts, users, etc. will take a little time so there will be some downtime on the forum while this is done. I am trying to do this sooner rather than later so it may not be possible to give you prior notice of the downtime.
Once migrated to our new address, visitors to www.accordionists.co.uk will be automatically redirected to the new website address.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but the change to the software has now become really necessary.

Need help identifying the make/model/year

Talk about anything accordion related here
cookalexv
Beginner
Beginner

Need help identifying the make/model/year

Post by cookalexv » Wed May 16, 2018 4:41 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NmTOqP ... sp=sharing

Any ideas? I think it might be a Silvio Marotta from the 60s, based on another I found on line in a similar color (different grill, less treble stops) customized "Marie" in that same typeface, but I don't know if that is an after-market customization or not.

No manufacturer stamp on the accordion or inside either of the panels or on the case.

My first accordion, got it for a great price and I love it, but am curious about its history.

Best,
Alex

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Need help identifying the make/model/year

Post by Geronimo » Wed May 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Reminds me a bit of a lady-size Contello I had, likely an American import brand for an Italian-made accordion. Different grille and couplers, though, so likely a different "brand". Yours is a 4-reed, however. If its sound is comparable, it would have a sweet M register and strong Master. Bass somewhat on the noisy side.

Sold mine only because I switched to CBA: would have been a keeper otherwise.

accordian
Star
Star

Re: Need help identifying the make/model/year

Post by accordian » Sat May 19, 2018 8:24 pm

that is one amazing looking accordion